Posted to rec.audio.tech
cecilhayduke cecilhayduke is offline

Default Woofer removal - Infinity Interlude IL10

Does anyone know how to remove the woofer for replacement in this
speaker? I have removed the grill (obviously) and unscrewed the plate
on the back and have access to the interior of the speaker but still
can't see how to get the damaged woofer out. There is another piece on
the front that is not part of the wood, but I can't see how to remove
it.

Thank you.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Rider Rider is offline

cecilrhayd,

I'm having the same problem, but the IIIb's do not have a back plate to
remove. I have removed all the four screws, but the woofer remains in place.
Can you assist me in what I need to do in order to remove the driver. Do I
need to rotate the woofer to remove it???? Please help.... Thanks...

Lyn

please end to:
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Fred[_13_] Fred[_13_] is offline

Rider wrote:
cecilrhayd,

I'm having the same problem, but the IIIb's do not have a back plate
to remove. I have removed all the four screws, but the woofer remains
in place. Can you assist me in what I need to do in order to remove
the driver. Do I need to rotate the woofer to remove it???? Please
help.... Thanks...

Lyn

please end to:

Lyn, if the woofer you're trying to remove is going to be replaced or rebuilt,
there's no harm in cutting part of the cone out to expose the woofer's frame.
Then you can use a tool like a crow bar to apply some serious force to that
frame to pull it out of the recess it's mounted in. Some mfgrs, especially
high end ones like Infinity, use sealing compounds to make things air-tight,
that have a lot in common with glue. Work your way around the circumference
of the woofer applying a little force at a time so as not to warp or bend the
frame if you plan on having the woofer reconed - a bent or warped frame is
junk.

- Fred