Sub_Lover

Default Sealing a Sub Driver Into a Box

Hi,

I decided on an Infinity driver for my Wife's car and wanted to know
the best way to seal the driver to the box. Obviously I'll screw it in
but should I use silicone or white caulk on the lip of the driver? Is
there a better method?

Scott Gardner

On 21 Mar 2005 04:04:31 -0800, "Sub_Lover"
wrote:

Hi,

I decided on an Infinity driver for my Wife's car and wanted to know
the best way to seal the driver to the box. Obviously I'll screw it in
but should I use silicone or white caulk on the lip of the driver? Is
there a better method?

There should be a gasket around the underside of the lip of the driver
where it contacts the edges of the box opening. Fastening the driver
securely with screws should be all that you need to do to make an
airtight seal. Gluing it in place with caulk will just make it harder
to remove the speaker.

You might want to trim any box carpet away from the edges of the
opening, so the gasket on the speaker is in direct contact with the
box.

--
Scott Gardner

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." (Leonardo da Vinci)

robert

The tighter the seal the better It can be measured by carefully pushing
down on the cone. If you provide constant down pressure on the cone, it
should not sink down very much, but instead compress the air a little
bit, then pop right back up when you let off it. Mark