Posted to sci.image.processing,rec.audio.tech
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

Default Rigidly comparing video/audio

Can the primary aspects of video and audio be compared/interchanged?
Both have a resolution, for example, a depth etc.

So if we assume that A = V then:

Sample rate/frequency in audio is equivalent to the resolution
(widthXheight) of video. (or not?)

Audio precision (e.g. 16-bit) is color depth (e.g. 24-bit)

An audio sample, is a pixel.

Duration/length is... (duhhh)

Audio channels are... the literal dimension of video, I guess. Stereo
would be a 3D hologram, and 5.1 be some immersive VR video.

What would a video framerate be Maybe frequency = framerate instead of
resolution -- then whats resolution?

And what would a single video frame equal?
Posted to sci.image.processing,rec.audio.tech

"Industrial One" wrote ...
Can the primary aspects of video and audio be compared/interchanged?
Both have a resolution, for example, a depth etc.

So if we assume that A = V then:

Sample rate/frequency in audio is equivalent to the resolution
(widthXheight) of video. (or not?)

Consider also that video has a "sample rate" (i.e. frame-rate)

Audio precision (e.g. 16-bit) is color depth (e.g. 24-bit)

An audio sample, is a pixel.

Duration/length is... (duhhh)

Audio channels are... the literal dimension of video, I guess. Stereo
would be a 3D hologram, and 5.1 be some immersive VR video.

What would a video framerate be Maybe frequency = framerate instead of
resolution -- then whats resolution?

It demonstrates that video has a couple more "dimensions" than audio.

And what would a single video frame equal?

It is a single "sample" of the 5D" picture.

"5D" because a video frame has these dimensions:
(1) Height and (2) Width
and for each pixel within the frame....
Some discrete value of (3) Red, (4) Green, (5) Blue

PS: If you are "Radium" using a different alias, delete this message.

Posted to sci.image.processing,rec.audio.tech
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

On Jul 9, 11:46 am, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Industrial One" wrote ...

[...]

Nah, I'm just bored as **** ATM. Normally I just raid/troll cybersex-
hosting joints but I thought I'd go out my way to actually learn
something, so meh. I'll still delete this message if u show me how
Posted to sci.image.processing,rec.audio.tech
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

On Jul 9, 12:46 pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Industrial One" wrote ...
And what would a single video frame equal?

It is a single "sample" of the 5D" picture.

"5D" because a video frame has these dimensions:
(1) Height and (2) Width
and for each pixel within the frame....
Some discrete value of (3) Red, (4) Green, (5) Blue

No, a single sample would be a pixel. A frame consists of many pixels.
Posted to sci.image.processing,rec.audio.tech

"Industrial One" wrote...
"Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Industrial One" wrote ...
And what would a single video frame equal?

It is a single "sample" of the 5D" picture.

"5D" because a video frame has these dimensions:
(1) Height and (2) Width
and for each pixel within the frame....
Some discrete value of (3) Red, (4) Green, (5) Blue

No, a single sample would be a pixel. A frame consists of many pixels.

Since you are making this up all out of your imagination,
you are free to define them any way you wish. (As am I).