Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] nabil@sketchgrowl.com is offline

Default Cat **** on Cables!!?

On Monday, 9 April 2001 17:08:56 UTC+2, LS1productions wrote:
This is post is by no means meant to be cute or funny, its very serious. By
some circumstance, a cat was in my control room and during the night it went
behind the console and ****ed on all the cabling back there. I tried a dampned
soapy cloth but they still STINK.
Does anyone have any idea what kind of cleaning method I can try that will
not damage the cables? I'm sitting here now, and the smell is so bad I could
vomit.... please help.
LS

On Saturday, 22 April 2000 09:00:00 UTC+2, Matthew Hough wrote:
I am currently having problems with my cat weeing in my house.It weed the
other day by the door.The smell was terrible.It is a female cat called
Nora.I was wondering how I could stop her from doing this in the future.Is
there a type of spray or something?

thank you

Matthew Hough

I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I really feel like I have some advice to offer you - and you seemed to really need it at the time

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked. He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

wrote:

[...]
... when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats
went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the
curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

Spraying is a way of marking territory; when a rival turns up, your cat
feels the need to start marking personal propery. Cats are very
territorial and something like this will take priority over minor
matters like earning your approval.

Cats also exhibit the Flehmen response when they encounter the smell of
urine, this is thought to be a way of directing the scent onto
individually-selective receptive areas.

A much more pleasant way of marking is by rubbing scent on items from
glands above the eyebrows. Anything (anybody) new is likely to get this
'acceptance' treatment - which you should treat as a gesture of
friendship. Just occasionally our old tom cat would show his approval
of someone new by spraying them instead of rubbing, explaining to
visitors that this was intended to be a friendly gesture didn't seem to
work.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

Spraying is a way of marking territory; when a rival turns up, your cat
feels the need to start marking personal propery. Cats are very
territorial and something like this will take priority over minor
matters like earning your approval.

I worked with a producer who was just like this. As soon as he came in,
he'd throw out the arrangement and subsitute his own, just like spraying
all over the charts.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

wrote:

[///]

I'm sorry for bumping this old thread,...

It might be interesting to hear other people's experience of unwanted
things turning up in or on their kit.

From outdoor P.A. experience I can add choc ices thrown into loudspeaker
horns and dogs ****ing on guy rope anchor pins. One of the messiest
incidents was discovering that someone had dragged my cloth-covered
field-telephone cables through a wet cow pat.

I felt very sorry for the sound engineer at an indoor event when a
mother in the audience finished feeding her baby and accidentally
sprayed milk all over his cable snake. I don't know what stale human
milk smells like, but the smell of stale cows milk is utterly repulsive
(and can last over six months if it gets soaked into a canvas rucksack).

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

------------------------

From outdoor P.A. experience I can add choc ices thrown into loudspeaker
horns and dogs ****ing on guy rope anchor pins. One of the messiest
incidents was discovering that someone had dragged my cloth-covered
field-telephone cables through a wet cow pat.

I felt very sorry for the sound engineer at an indoor event when a
mother in the audience finished feeding her baby and accidentally
sprayed milk all over his cable snake. I don't know what stale human
milk smells like, but the smell of stale cows milk is utterly repulsive
(and can last over six months if it gets soaked into a canvas rucksack).

** I came across a case where someone had used a medium size, cast metal horn flare, lying on its back on the pavement, after a pub gig, as a urinal. Corroded the heck out of the copper wire diaphragm.

Once, a compact DJ mixer came to me that had vomit all over it - inside the faders and onto the main PCB too. Didn't half stink.

Immersion in hot, detergent rich water got most of it off, with the aid of an old toothbrush. Rinse and dry in a warm oven, worked fine again.

Then there was a pile of radio mic gear and power amplifiers for me to rescue that had been submerged in a sudden flood - all were chock full of brown mud and the pocket Txs were corroded inside too, as the 9V batteries did their worst before going finally flat.

Eventually got them all working and tuned up, after several hot water washes like the one above.

But dealing with gear that has been involved in a bad fire or actually on fire itself is just about the worst. Spilt beer or OJ can do this to some items when powered up.

Repair techs have so much fun, you know....

...... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 14/10/2019 8:08 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
ctually on fire itself is just about the worst. Spilt beer or OJ can do
this to some items when powered up.

Repair techs have so much fun, you know....

..... Phil

Amps that stay on and live on a shelf on cupboard somewhere are a cosy
warm place for rats to sleep on top of, and ****/**** down through the
ventilation slots. Very corrosive....

geoff

Piss on Kyoto Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! Audio Opinions 0 December 14th 07 08:29 PM
Piss on Kyoto Eeyore Audio Opinions 0 December 14th 07 08:28 PM
The Piss Boy [email protected] Car Audio 0 September 21st 07 12:47 PM
Piss Off ***** - you ASSHOLE west Vacuum Tubes 1 April 8th 05 01:17 AM
I piss into tubes Tom-Alex Soorhull Vacuum Tubes 10 May 21st 04 03:29 AM