Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Old duplicator machine

In article , bg wrote:
These photos were posted in a different news group, and the poster wanted to
know what this machine is. He said it was a 50 year old prototype.
I recognize this thing as an audio tape duplicatior, but I can't remember
any of the brand names. Magnafax, Magnatek, Lyrec, Versadyne??? something
like that? I've searched google hoping to find some old pictures but no
luck. Does anyone have pictures or know of pics on the web of a duplicator
where the slaves are stacked on a common capstan like this?
thx
bg
http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/other/images/MC1.jpg
http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/other/images/MC2.jpg
http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/other/images/MC3.jpg
http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/other/images/MC4.jpg
http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/other/images/MC5.jpg

I have not seen this particular machine, but Telex and Presto both
made common-shaft duplicator machines. They sounded really really awful.
I saw them in use for things like libraries and language laboratories;
the broadcast folks wouldn't touch them.

Video DVD Duplicator yarik Pro Audio 0 July 6th 06 09:54 AM
Video DVD Duplicator yarik Pro Audio 0 April 18th 06 02:48 PM
Video DVD Duplicator [email protected] Pro Audio 0 February 17th 06 07:43 AM
FS: 1 to 3 CD duplicator, $200 Engineer Pro Audio 0 November 17th 03 11:08 AM
CD Duplicator Recommendations ryanm Pro Audio 4 October 22nd 03 03:48 AM