Mike Rivers

Default Alanis on Soundstage

I guess maybe I've never consciously heard Alanis Morisette before,
but I tuned in Soundstage this evening out of boredom and curiosity.
At least I guess it was Alanis. That's what the program guide said.
I missed the opening and turned it off before the closing credits.

It was hard to tell for sure if she was singing in English - combination
of poor articulation, vocal mannerisms, and too-splashy drums , I think.
And does she really play guitar with gloves on? (not that it looked like
we could hear her guitar in the mix anyway) Her vocals sounded to me
like the caricature of Celene Dion that they do on Mad TV.

Soundstage is usually pretty good audiowise. Maybe it's just the shows
I choose to watch. Pop music - gotta love it!

Oh, well. Alanis got famous in the audio community for recording her
first (big hit) record on ADATs.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

Alanis on Soundstage Mike Rivers Pro Audio 85 September 12th 04 06:18 PM
holographic soundstage? Philip Meech High End Audio 9 April 28th 04 01:09 AM
Imaging, soundstage, 3D Ban High End Audio 4 February 17th 04 06:18 AM
Soundstage fastfwd Audio Opinions 2 October 1st 03 11:24 PM
Scratching sound across variable volumes in front soundstage? eidsvikDM Car Audio 1 August 18th 03 07:57 AM