Posted to rec.audio.pro
CeeDub

Default Focusrite Sapphire Pro?

Anyone know anything about the Focusrite Sapphire Pro. This box was
announced at NAMM 2006 and is supposed to be shipping shortly. I've been
sitting on the sidelines because I'd like to interface my DDX3216 digital
mixer via its ADAT/lightpipe I/O via a portable Firewire box. Of the few
boxes that support ADAT, most have only 8 I/O channels (e.g. a single input
and output). The best I've found is the RME Fireface 800, but that's a bit
beyond my pricepoint. The new Focusrite unit looks to be pretty much what I
need, with 8 Focusrite pres and 16 ADAT I/O channels plus 2 channels of
SPDIF I/O. I'm not sure about how the original Sapphire has done in the
marketplace, but this unit looks pretty potent for a nice studio and
portable recording rig.

Thanks for any and all info about this unit.

Craig

Posted to rec.audio.pro
gunnar

If you are looking for no converters and 16 or more lightpipe ins, a
better choice according to my opinion is probable the RME Digiface. It
comes in the form of one external box, and one internal PCI or PCMIA
card (your choice).

http://www.rme-audio.com/english/hdsp/digifa.htm

Gunnar