soumya

Default Need opinion on Denon PMA 2000 IVR

Hi All,

I'm in the process of buying a stereo set up. Being placed in
Bangalore, India - does not have many choices which come with warranty
and support.

Got to here Denon PMA 1500 and Denon PMA 200 IVR. The first one looks
to be bit biased towards high base where as the 2000 is very very
naturalistic/pure in sound. Both are played with apair of KEF Q7
speakers

At the same time, I'm searching in internet to understand how Denon
stereo amps fit in the Stereo Amp product space. It seems like people
are not of very high opinion about Denon. Instead everyone is going
gaga over only NAD.

In this context I'll really like to know what makes people so much
comfortable with NAD when compared with Denon. Is the technical spec
which is very diferent/advanced with NAD ? Or just the perception or
personal preference ? However, seeing that majority of people feels NAD
is the best there must be something which is independent of personal
preference - I'll like to know that factor.

Also why Denon is bad, thinner and bright ? Is it again somethng
perception ? Or what is the wrong fcator with Denon.

However, when I had demo of Denon PMA 2000 IVR with kEF Q7, I found it
just out of the world. I've also listened to brand like Onkyo, Marantz,
Cambridge Audio. But Denon PMA 2000 - I found it very very good
compared to them.

Just looking for some frank opinions and insight which will help me in
taking some decision.

Soumya