Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] tdzimn@access995.com is offline

Default Technics SA-400 Stereo Receiver Info

Greetings Fellow Audiophiles!

I just picked up a Technics SA-400 Stereo Receiver really cheap. Of
course, it needs work. When I first fired it up, nothing happened. It
turned out that the main fuse had blown because one of the Darlington
Power Amplifier modules has a shorted final. For this, I will need to
locate a replacement part, STK-0040, ECG equiv 1333. I believe it to
be a Sanyo part. Secondly, in the speaker relay part of the power
supply, resistor R704 is open, and charred beyond recognition. So, my
hope is that someone out there has the service manual for the SA-400,
and can tell me the value of R704. Hope to hear something soon. Thanks
to all! PTL, Dave Zim'n
Posted to rec.audio.tech
EADGBE EADGBE is offline

On Nov 15, 11:05 am, wrote:
Greetings Fellow Audiophiles!

Secondly, in the speaker relay part of the power
supply, resistor R704 is open, and charred beyond recognition. So, my
hope is that someone out there has the service manual for the SA-400,
and can tell me the value of R704. Hope to hear something soon. Thanks
to all! PTL, Dave Zim'n

Hi, Dave:

I just picked up a near-mint condition Technics SA-400 for cheap
money, too!

I'll take a look at my SA-400's circuit board and let you know what
R704 looks like.

I have some free time tomorrow, so I'll be sure to let you know then.
Until tomorrow....watch this space.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Nov 15, 10:43 pm, EADGBE wrote:
On Nov 15, 11:05 am, wrote:

Greetings Fellow Audiophiles!

Secondly, in the speaker relay part of the power
supply, resistor R704 is open, and charred beyond recognition. So, my
hope is that someone out there has the service manual for the SA-400,
and can tell me the value of R704. Hope to hear something soon. Thanks
to all! PTL, Dave Zim'n

Hi, Dave:

I just picked up a near-mint condition Technics SA-400 for cheap
money, too!

I'll take a look at my SA-400's circuit board and let you know what
R704 looks like.

I have some free time tomorrow, so I'll be sure to let you know then.
Until tomorrow....watch this space.

Hi there! Thank you very much for the reply. If I know the resistor
value, I can get off the ground with my trouble shooting. Thanks
again!

Posted to rec.audio.tech
EADGBE EADGBE is offline

OK, I finally got around to getting inside of my Technics SA-400.

R704 is a 470 ohm resistor.

Color bands: yellow / purple / brown / gold

Wattage: 1/2 watt

Hope you get yours up and running really soon! It is a GREAT sounding
receiver!