Default Single Coil Sub & a 2 Channel Amp

Looking at a bud's 8" (350w) subwoofer in an enclosure and a low end 2
channel amp (250w) that doesn't mention being bridgeable I was wondering
a few things:

- What happens if you use the + from say the Right channel, and the -
from the Left channel, on an amp that doesn't spec as being bridgeable?

- What happens if you wire four wires from a 2 channel amp to a single
voice coil driver? That is, both channels to a single speaker?

Thx in advance,
TBerk
MZ

Looking at a bud's 8" (350w) subwoofer in an enclosure and a low end 2
channel amp (250w) that doesn't mention being bridgeable I was wondering
a few things:

- What happens if you use the + from say the Right channel, and the -
from the Left channel, on an amp that doesn't spec as being bridgeable?

Bzzzzzbzzzzbzzzzz - hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss - snap!

- What happens if you wire four wires from a 2 channel amp to a single
voice coil driver? That is, both channels to a single speaker?

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkrack - pop - pop - pop - siiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzle

MZ wrote:
Looking at a bud's 8" (350w) subwoofer in an enclosure and a low end 2
channel amp (250w) that doesn't mention being bridgeable I was wondering
a few things:

- What happens if you use the + from say the Right channel, and the -
from the Left channel, on an amp that doesn't spec as being bridgeable?

Bzzzzzbzzzzbzzzzz - hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss - snap!

- What happens if you wire four wires from a 2 channel amp to a single
voice coil driver? That is, both channels to a single speaker?

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkrack - pop - pop - pop - siiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzle

My, how Graphic of you. 8D

Just got back and he had went ahead and bridged the thing anywho.

Good news is It Works so I think it's just not documented. The other
models in the line _are_ listed as bridgeable so maybe it's a marketing
thing.

Thx,
TBerk
MZ

My, how Graphic of you. 8D

Just got back and he had went ahead and bridged the thing anywho.

Good news is It Works so I think it's just not documented. The other
models in the line _are_ listed as bridgeable so maybe it's a marketing
thing.

You lucked out I guess. Some amps actually use the opposite designation (L+
R-). I'd worry about the stability though.

The second hookup you suggested would essentially be shorting the terminals
together, which is just bad news. Thankfully he didn't go that route.

MZ wrote:
My, how Graphic of you. 8D

Just got back and he had went ahead and bridged the thing anywho.

Good news is It Works so I think it's just not documented. The other
models in the line _are_ listed as bridgeable so maybe it's a marketing
thing.

You lucked out I guess. Some amps actually use the opposite designation (L+
R-). I'd worry about the stability though.

The second hookup you suggested would essentially be shorting the terminals
together, which is just bad news. Thankfully he didn't go that route.

Yeah. My Electronics Theory & Lab is 25 years ago, twenty since I was
soldering motherboards for a living.

My gut keeps telling me something about zero Ohms between the two
channels if you try and combine them and zzzzzzaaaaappppp, snap crackle
pop as you mentioned.

TBerk