Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default 4400W RMS into 1 ohm ...

.... got your attention, no?

This inspired by the recent, slightly meshugah query by the lad who
wondered about using his "1000 watt" amp to drive a toroid coil (?!?!?).

After running across this page somehow, thought some folks here might
have some fun with it:

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index...howt opic=242

This is the crowd who likes to see how many watts they can get out of
their amp in the trunk of their car to drive their woofers-on-wheels.

And since these are the assholes who *assume* that I want to listen to
their "music" as much as they do (even if I'm sitting inside my home),
I wish nothing more than that all their output transistors might fry to
a crisp someday.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
isw isw is offline

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index...661c0ee173f&sh
owtopic=242

This is the crowd who likes to see how many watts they can get out of
their amp in the trunk of their car to drive their woofers-on-wheels.

And since these are the assholes who *assume* that I want to listen to
their "music" as much as they do (even if I'm sitting inside my home),
I wish nothing more than that all their output transistors might fry to
a crisp someday.

Why wish harm on poor innocent transistors? Just hope the idiot goes
deaf sooner rather than later.

isaac
Posted to rec.audio.tech

On 8/26/2009 8:28 PM isw spake thus:

In article m,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

And since these are the assholes who *assume* that I want to listen to
their "music" as much as they do (even if I'm sitting inside my home),
I wish nothing more than that all their output transistors might fry to
a crisp someday.

Why wish harm on poor innocent transistors? Just hope the idiot goes
deaf sooner rather than later.

But the deafer they get, the louder they'll crank the damn thing. (Well,
until they go *completely* deaf.)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jerry Peters Jerry Peters is offline

isw wrote:
In article m,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

[...]

But they must already be deaf. I can hear some of these idiots coming
from over 1/4 mile away!

Jerry
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jason Warren Jason Warren is offline

In article 4a938bb8$0$11372$822641b3
@news.adtechcomputers.com, kens says...
... got your attention, no?

This inspired by the recent, slightly meshugah query by the lad who
wondered about using his "1000 watt" amp to drive a toroid coil (?!?!?).

After running across this page somehow, thought some folks here might
have some fun with it:

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index...howt opic=242

This is the crowd who likes to see how many watts they can get out of
their amp in the trunk of their car to drive their woofers-on-wheels.

And since these are the assholes who *assume* that I want to listen to
their "music" as much as they do (even if I'm sitting inside my home),
I wish nothing more than that all their output transistors might fry to
a crisp someday.

I was hauling my son back to college in upstate NY a week
ago and noticed what appeared to brand new signs by the road
(all shiny and clean). They said "Maximun Noise Level 90dB -
State Law"

If this is a New York law, I sure never heard of it. New?
And 90dB isn't all -that- loud. Maybe this is aimed at the
woofer-on-wheels crowd. Or bikers. Or fraternity
brothers...!

Jason

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Jason Warren" wrote in message
I was hauling my son back to college in upstate NY a week
ago and noticed what appeared to brand new signs by the road
(all shiny and clean). They said "Maximun Noise Level 90dB -
State Law"

If this is a New York law, I sure never heard of it. New?
And 90dB isn't all -that- loud. Maybe this is aimed at the
woofer-on-wheels crowd. Or bikers. Or fraternity
brothers...!

But do they specify how it is to be measured?

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On 9/8/2009 7:35 PM Mr.T spake thus:

"Jason Warren" wrote in message

I was hauling my son back to college in upstate NY a week
ago and noticed what appeared to brand new signs by the road
(all shiny and clean). They said "Maximun Noise Level 90dB -
State Law"

If this is a New York law, I sure never heard of it. New?
And 90dB isn't all -that- loud. Maybe this is aimed at the
woofer-on-wheels crowd. Or bikers. Or fraternity
brothers...!

But do they specify how it is to be measured?

Well, since you asked, my guess(tm) [1] is that most, if not all, cops
do *not* have SPL meters in their cars, along with the radar guns,
Tasers, riot guns, handcuffs, etc., etc.

If there's a noise complaint, and *if* they decide to follow up on it
(as unlikely as that might be), my further guess(tm) is that they
*might* send someone out with such a meter to investigate.

Of course, by that time the sound source will be long gone.

Fat chance of anyone ever getting arrested for violating excessive sound
laws (unless maybe it's someone with a woofer-without-wheels making a
hell of a sustained racket). They're on the books, but probably never
enforced.

[1] Licensed from Jeff Liebermann

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Fat chance of anyone ever getting arrested for violating excessive sound
laws (unless maybe it's someone with a woofer-without-wheels making a
hell of a sustained racket). They're on the books, but probably never
enforced.

Exactly, even cars with noisy exhausts have time to fix them before being
tested by the EPA here.
Pretty easy to turn down the radio by comparison!

MrT.