Posted to rec.audio.tech
Programbo Programbo is offline

Default AIWA faceplates interchangeable?

Hello..I have an AIWA CDC-X227 deck in my Jeep and several days ago
someone stole the faceplate off of it..Rather than buying a whole new
CD player I see that someone is selling a faceplate for an AIWA CDC-
X427 on Ebay very cheap..Aside from the fact that mine said X-227 and
this one says X-427 they are identical in every way..Does anyone know
if I could use the 427 faceplate on my 227?..Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.tech

Programbo wrote:
Hello..I have an AIWA CDC-X227 deck in my Jeep and several days ago
someone stole the faceplate off of it..Rather than buying a whole new
CD player I see that someone is selling a faceplate for an AIWA CDC-
X427 on Ebay very cheap..Aside from the fact that mine said X-227 and
this one says X-427 they are identical in every way..Does anyone know
if I could use the 427 faceplate on my 227?..Thanks

You might want to try asking this question in some newsgroup where
they discuss AUTO equipment. This is rec.AUDIO.tech, not AUTO.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Jul 5, 12:46*am, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
You might want to try asking this question in some newsgroup where
they discuss AUTO equipment. This is rec.AUDIO.tech, not AUTO.

I searched but couldn`t see an active specific auto audio one..Might
you have a link?..Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Programbo wrote:
"Richard Crowley" wrote:
You might want to try asking this question in some newsgroup where
they discuss AUTO equipment. This is rec.AUDIO.tech, not AUTO.

I searched but couldn`t see an active specific auto audio one..Might
you have a link?..Thanks

There are more than 80 usenet newsgroups containing the word auto.
There are likely many more if you are looking at "Google groups".
There are likely many web-base forums that discuss audo sound
equipment. I'd bet that there are even some that specialize in Aiwa.

Auto sound equipment is very rarely discussed here but you might
get lucky and find someone who knows your equipment.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
James James is offline

try rec.audio.car

good luck

James

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Programbo Programbo is offline

I know this is the wrong group but just in case someone has this same
question 2 years from now and does a google search I'll post the
answer here with my question..Both the faceplates are interchangeable
and the CDC-X227 functions as always with the CDC-X427 face on it.