Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech
Shaquifa Shaquifa is offline

Default I gots to have my bass but dey say NO

How come de apt mgr keep tellin' me I cain't play my bass hap slappy when I
want & how loud I want? He say it bug da neybor. He say it B shakin' walls
an ****. F dat!

What I'm aksin is, ain't dis Americuh? Ain't we got rights?

S.
Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I'm wit' you there, bro. The Man always coming down on the little guy, just
'cause he don't wana have us have any fun.

"Shaquifa" wrote in message
How come de apt mgr keep tellin' me I cain't play my bass hap slappy when
want & how loud I want? He say it bug da neybor. He say it B shakin'
walls
an ****. F dat!

What I'm aksin is, ain't dis Americuh? Ain't we got rights?

S.

Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech

"MOSFET" wrote in message
m...
I'm wit' you there, bro. The Man always coming down on the little guy,
just 'cause he don't wana have us have any fun.

and plonk to you, too

Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech
Shaquifa Shaquifa is offline

"MOSFET" wrote in
m:

I'm wit' you there, bro. The Man always coming down on the little guy,
just 'cause he don't wana have us have any fun.

I say hell yeh! White mofos thinkin they got right to sleep so dey can work
or watch some geek-ass movie, sayin I be drownin out da quiet parts. F. dat
****! It like that Henry Louis Gates arrest thing. It ALL be racism.

What I'm sayin is, if I wanna slam I wanna slam all da live-long day and
then some. I GOTS to have my music. It ain't no opshun for the way God
chose me to live. Unnastan what I'm sayin?

S.
Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

In all seriousness, I DO absolutely love bass. I have a pair of 15" subs in
my Subaru Forrester in a sealed enclosure driven by an Alpine 1000 watt
Class D amp. I have test discs that play test tones down to 10 10 Hz. I
can resonate the human body and those who listen to my system who are not
acclamated to loud, low bass sometimes become disoriented and sick. I love
that. But obviously that's not the reason I have the system I have, it's to
enjoy bass. I have had a love affair with loud low bass for 30 years, in my
opinion, there's really no such thing as too much (well, OK maybe above 150
dB might be pushing it without serious auditory damage). But I STILL at my
age relish FEELING my music like, enjoying a full body massage.

As I've said many times I DO NOT think it's right to impose one's music on
the world. I aLWAYS turn it down when in a residential area.

But frankly, experience has told me that cranking your system is like
announcing to the world I have something valuable to steal. I know for a
FACT that when I was younger and excercised less restraint, driving around
with my booming system attributed to at least two break-ins.

So be careful man, there are those thieves out there who can get your
liscense plate and from there get your address. So even if you don't care
about bothering others (although you should) I have learned the HARD WAY
that a loud system is like the Ice-Cream-Man to theives. There ARE theives
who listen for loud systems and can track you down. If you value your
system, honestly, take this to heart, because I had to learn this lesson the
hard way.

But again, bass is my PASSION (well, as is sound quality). My home theater
has a Miller and Kreisel (M&K) MX-105 with a pair of 12" drivers. I can
shake the house and I have NEVER heard a theater that can beat my home
theater (OK, the exception becaing the Lassarium light show at the Pacific
Science Center with 15 18" subs AND 15,000 watts of power, I know becaus I
worked there in college, now that was STUPID loud, like a VERY loud rock
concert). You're talking serious ear damage if we weren't required to wear
ear protection.

But again, I LOVE bass and I think I always will. To me it adds SOOOOO much
to the music I enjoy (primarily techno and rap).

MOSFET

"Shaquifa" wrote in message
.. .
"MOSFET" wrote in
m:

I'm wit' you there, bro. The Man always coming down on the little guy,
just 'cause he don't wana have us have any fun.

I say hell yeh! White mofos thinkin they got right to sleep so dey can
work
or watch some geek-ass movie, sayin I be drownin out da quiet parts. F.
dat
****! It like that Henry Louis Gates arrest thing. It ALL be racism.

What I'm sayin is, if I wanna slam I wanna slam all da live-long day and
then some. I GOTS to have my music. It ain't no opshun for the way God
chose me to live. Unnastan what I'm sayin?

S.

Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

OK, Rich, call me Internet illiterate, but what exactly does "plonk"
signify. And I'm CERTAINLY not asking this with any rancor or annamosity,
I'm truly simply curious as I may use it myself sometimes.

I'll take a stab and guess that "plonk" is like a bad joke that just falls
to the floor and silents a room, right? Again, excuse my Internet naivity.
Thanks.

MOSFET

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

"MOSFET" wrote in message
m...
I'm wit' you there, bro. The Man always coming down on the little guy,
just 'cause he don't wana have us have any fun.

and plonk to you, too

Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech
John Durbin[_2_] John Durbin[_2_] is offline

the sound of your posts hitting the killfile...

JD

"MOSFET" wrote in message
news:2sadnWYnD4QQu_vXnZ2dnUVZ_sOdnZ2d@wavecable. com...

I'm wit' you there, bro. The Man always coming down on the little guy,
just 'cause he don't wana have us have any fun.

and plonk to you, too

Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech

On 7/26/2009 3:05 AM MOSFET spake thus:

In all seriousness, I DO absolutely love bass.

You *do* realize you're trying to have a conversation with a troll, right?

I'm just sayin' ...

Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech

"David Nebenzahl" wrote ...
MOSFET spake thus:

In all seriousness, I DO absolutely love bass.

You *do* realize you're trying to have a conversation with a troll, right?

I'm just sayin' ...

As near as I can tell MOSFET itself is also a troll. We can
plonk them all so they are free to talk amongst themselves.

Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech

On 9/8/2009 12:44 PM Richard Crowley spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote ...

MOSFET spake thus:

In all seriousness, I DO absolutely love bass.

You *do* realize you're trying to have a conversation with a troll, right?

I'm just sayin' ...

As near as I can tell MOSFET itself is also a troll.

I thought it was just a clueless bass enthusiast. But you might be right.

We can plonk them all so they are free to talk amongst themselves.

We could, but what would be the fun in that?