Posted to rec.audio.tech
bizt bizt is offline

Default Selecting a single program as audio input source

Hi,

Im trying to find a way that I can use a single program running as the
sole audio input source. All I seem to be able to find is setting the
audio input to WaveOut but this will record all programs that are
running. I dont want to do this, I want to have many programs running
but only one program where the audio is being recorded .. is this
possible?

Cheers
Martyn
Posted to rec.audio.tech

bizt wrote:
Im trying to find a way that I can use a single program running as the
sole audio input source. All I seem to be able to find is setting the
audio input to WaveOut but this will record all programs that are
running. I dont want to do this, I want to have many programs running
but only one program where the audio is being recorded .. is this
possible?

Seems unlikely unless you want to write your own drivers, etc.
Perhaps you shouldn't try to have other programs running while you
are trying to record. Or perhaps you could try muting the others.
Since you didn't mention what other programs are running, or why,
we can only speculate.