Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] muzician21@yahoo.com is offline

Default Would you send your kids to this performing "school"? School Of Pop

From what I gather this is a "school" where kids theoretically learn
to become pop performers.

http://schoolofpoprecords.com/

Here's a performance in connection with this organization by Caitlyn
Taylor Love who appeared on America's Got Talent. Bear in mind this
girl is 12 or 13 in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgrXX...eature=related

Here's their Myspace page

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...id=169 584598

Opinions, thoughts? Anyone here ever worked with them? To me, the
overall look of the website doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Seems
to have very little info. Also have reservations about the nature of
the performance by a young girl under their "tutelage". I'm a bit
leery of those who pander to the whole "make your kid a star" thing.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...id=169 584598

Opinions, thoughts? Anyone here ever worked with them? To me, the
overall look of the website doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Seems
to have very little info. Also have reservations about the nature of
the performance by a young girl under their "tutelage". I'm a bit
leery of those who pander to the whole "make your kid a star" thing.

Some teenage girls enjoy strutting their stuff in this way. If yours
already buys into this culture, she's not going to be further harmed
by learning some of the tricks and techniques. These people are
selling training. Find out their prices, if they're affordable and
your kid thinks it might be fun.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] muzician21@yahoo.com is offline

On Apr 4, 5:59*am, Laurence Payne wrote:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ewprofile&frie....

Some teenage girls enjoy strutting their stuff in this way. *

Some "enjoy" stealing cars or hooking up with 40 year old men over the
internet too. Do this alone legitimize it? Or legitimize getting paid
to film them doing it?

These people are
selling training. *

Strikes me as odd that there's so little info on the website. Sort of
like the internet equivalent of a folding card table. Not even a link
to their Myspace page on the website. Both the myspace page and the
site seem to focus on a bunch of kids saying how great it is but
little else. On the webiste there's one badly presented pic of the
founder with Christina Aguilera and an application saying "tell us
about yourself", though they seem to be reluctant to do the same.

I also find no mentions about them good or bad on a Google search
aside from their own Myspace and website - nuthin'.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

I also find no mentions about them good or bad on a Google search
aside from their own Myspace and website - nuthin'.

It could be a sting operation! :-)
Or a complete scam.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Apr 4, 4:53*pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:

It could be a sting operation! *:-)
Or a complete scam.

Well, certainly a money-making enterprise for this guy Ron Harris or
whoever it is that owns this place.

The whole thing is reminiscent of recruiting efforts by Full Sail -
all the slick quick-cut video, etc.

I notice they show a "songwriting" session but don't see any actual
music notation - I wonder if they actually teach any theory.

I also notice they make reference to so & so being "accepted" into the
school - I wonder how often they actually turn down anyone. Is there
anything they look for beyond a check that clears? Some of the kids
pictured certainly don't strike me as being pop-star material, just
being realistic.