Posted to rec.audio.pro
spud spud is offline

Default what do the roll off switches on a SM7B do?

The shure site is useless. Can anyone explain how the switches work in
the back? Thank you, s.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:50:34 -0800, spud wrote:

The shure site is useless. Can anyone explain how the switches work in
the back? Thank you, s.

The manual tells you exactly what they do

http://images.misupply.com/downloads/Shure/sm7b.pdf

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article , spud spam wrote:
The shure site is useless. Can anyone explain how the switches work in
the back? Thank you, s.

There are three, as I recall... three bands, high middle and low, and they
can be set to boost, cut, or flat.

I also recall that it's not very useful to use the thing and I never found
a case where it was better than the console EQ. Just leave it flat and screw
the plate over it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Federico Federico is offline

Two frequencies only.
Just bass cut and presence peak.
I sometimes use the lowcut when recording vocals with lips-on-mic technique.
You can see the same thing on the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Funk Monks" movie =
The making of Blood Sugar Sex Magic.
F.

There are three, as I recall... three bands, high middle and low, and they
can be set to boost, cut, or flat.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
spud spud is offline

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:00:27 GMT, (Don Pearce)
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:50:34 -0800, spud wrote:

The shure site is useless. Can anyone explain how the switches work in
the back? Thank you, s.

The manual tells you exactly what they do

http://images.misupply.com/downloads/Shure/sm7b.pdf

splendid, thank you.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com