Arny Krueger

Default What Software for Editing Sound on PC

"The Artist" wrote in message
news
"Arny Krueger" emitted :

If Vegas is a suitable solution, why are you even
mentioning Audition in the same breath?

Because Audition is an even better solution for me. I already have
it and know how to use it effectively.

Far from a normal criteria for "better solution".

I didn't mention any specific criteria.

Yes you did, or were the words "I already have it and know how to use
it effectively." tacked on arbitrarily?

blah blah blah snipped

Regardless, you didn't even grasp the point - if Vegas is a viable
solution to a problem then Audition is not, and visa-versa.

That very bogus logic. If Vegas is a viable solution that proves
zilch about whether or not Audition is viable, and vice-versa. Both
products can be viable.

Lack of comprehension about products in question noted..

Their capabilities lie in such different areas and they are aimed
at such different markets, rarely the twain shall meet.

You've made my point. Vegas is primarily video editing software that
oh, by the way does multitrack audio.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Vegas is the
integration of two high end products - "Vegas Audio" and "Vegas
Video".

I was simply trying to justify your claim that they are aimed at such
different markets, rarely the twain shall meet.

If we're really comparing Vegas Audio with Audition, then your claim that
they are aimed
at such different markets, rarely the twain shall meet can be simply
dismissed on the grounds that it is ludicrous.

Arny Krueger

"The Artist" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" emitted :

Put Audition and the several others at the bottom of the list to
get a true reflection of the pecking order in the market place
for multitrack production facilities.

Prove it.

I may put you straight when you talk ****, but I'm not about to
regurgitate years of experience to "prove" what I'm saying. Do
your own homework.

In short, you were just posturing and have no support for your
claims. That's how it always is with you, Dormer.

No, the way it is with me is that if you demand proof that 2=2 you
gotta do the math yourself.

More senseless posturing.

More empty words from the liars liar.

I guess you've run out of postures, Dormer.

Arny Krueger

"The Artist" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" emitted :

It's not like you make an income from
audio production, after all.

Ouch!!

Not at all.

Yustabe has you bang-to-rights.

Not at all.

You ARE a robot!

You are obviously running out of steam, Dormer. Asking you for facts always
seems to do that to you.

Arny Krueger

"The Artist" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" emitted :

.

I'm done with you for today, please continue arguing with yourself :-)

No guts, no glory.

Arny Krueger

"The Artist" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" emitted :

.

I'm done with you for today, please continue arguing with yourself :-)

No guts, no glory.

Arny Krueger

"The Artist" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" emitted :

.

I'm done with you for today, please continue arguing with yourself :-)

No guts, no glory.

Arny Krueger

"The Artist" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" emitted :

.

I'm done with you for today, please continue arguing with yourself :-)

No guts, no glory.

Geoff Wood

Arny Krueger wrote:

Que ?

Check out the list you deleted.

I'm just wondering which product you are referring to as discontinued.

geoff

Geoff Wood

The Artist wrote:

It comes with practice. Here are some practical things you can do to
optimize your signal and "learn" your ears : Watch your signal in a
real time FFT application -

Also previewing while tweaking he EQ in realtime is about the most valuable
and practical way of gainig experience !

geoff

Geoff Wood

Arny Krueger wrote:

So what are you saying, that I'm wrong about SF not doing
multitracking?

No. What everybody is saying is that SoundForge doesn't do multitrack
recording, just like MS Word doesn't.

If your app does all three, or two, great - but that doesn't mean that other
apps that don't pretend or want or aspire to one day doing what your 'do
all' apps does, are somehow 'less good' .

geoff

Geoff Wood

Arny Krueger wrote:

You've made my point. Vegas is primarily video editing software that
oh, by the way does multitrack audio. But, this is a discussion about
audio editors. Because SF lacks any abilities to do multitrack audio
recording and editing, Sony forces their clients to use an
application that primarily edits video, in order to work

Vegas does multitrack recording at least as well as CE/Audition (much better
in my experience). It also does video, as least as well as other premiere
video apps. So does this mean CE/Aud is a 'loser' app ? . No. Video is
just not in it's feature set.

You are totally wrong suggesting that Vegas is a video app with a bit of
multitrack audio tacked on. Hell, they even dropped the name 'Video' off
it's title. It is a FULL-FUNCTION audio multitracking environment, and one
of the best.

Just like SF is one of the best audio editors.

geoff

Arny Krueger

"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote in message

The Artist wrote:

It comes with practice. Here are some practical things you can do to
optimize your signal and "learn" your ears : Watch your signal in a
real time FFT application -

Also previewing while tweaking he EQ in real-time is about the most
valuable and practical way of gaining experience !

This can be done with software as basic as Winamp. One has to be a little
patient with software-based real-time eqs, in that the effects of
adjustments take a few seconds to take hold.

Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:

Que ?

Check out the list you deleted.

I'm just wondering which product you are referring to as discontinued.

Check my post - I said "disconnected".

I was referring to the tight interfacing between Audition's Edit View (which
is similar to SF) and its Multitrack View (similar to Vegas Audio). I doubt
that two different programs are going to work together as closely as these
two components of the same program.

Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:

You've made my point. Vegas is primarily video editing software that
oh, by the way does multitrack audio. But, this is a discussion about
audio editors. Because SF lacks any abilities to do multitrack audio
recording and editing, Sony forces their clients to use an
application that primarily edits video, in order to work

Vegas does multitrack recording at least as well as CE/Audition (much
better in my experience).

You must have had some bad experiences with Audition!

It also does video, as least as well as
other premiere video apps. So does this mean CE/Aud is a 'loser' app
? . No. Video is just not in it's feature set.

Well, now you're "getting it". BTW, I can't see anything significant in
Vegas Audio that Audition doesn't also do well. What do you see?

You are totally wrong suggesting that Vegas is a video app with a bit
of multitrack audio tacked on. Hell, they even dropped the name
'Video' off it's title. It is a FULL-FUNCTION audio multitracking
environment, and one of the best.

I was distracted by Dormer's claim that the Vegas product he was describing
was incomparable to Audition. He said that comparing the two was like
comparing "chalk and cheese". No way are Vegas Audio and Audition Multitrack
THAT different when it comes to editing audio.

Just like SF is one of the best audio editors.

As is Audition.

Case in point, compare
http://www.soniccontrol.com/images/p...egasaudio2.JPG

to http://www.adobe.com/products/auditi...dition_nph.pdf page 4.

Geoff, in the past you've lined up with Dormer's posturing and called Cool
Edit a "Toy".

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=lK...s02.tsnz. net

But in the past you've also said that you never tried Cool Edit "seriously"

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=ez...s02.tsnz. net

I think you owe us happy Cool Edit users an explanation. I know that I can't
reasonably expect Dormer to provide a lucid, cogent reply, but you've got a
far better track record for reasonable responses. For example in a number of
other posts you treated Vegas and CEP like they were peers.

Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:

[...]

Sound analyse software Bjarne J Aronsen Pro Audio 4 March 29th 04 09:41 AM
[OT] Sound measure software with equivalent sound level meter? jd Pro Audio 2 March 21st 04 07:34 PM
Sound vs. Audio Bob Smoot Pro Audio 3 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
What Software for Editing Sound on PC SPS22 General 122 January 27th 04 12:58 AM
science vs. pseudo-science ludovic mirabel High End Audio 91 October 3rd 03 09:56 PM