Bjarne J Aronsen

Default Sound analyse software

Hi.

I am looking for sound analyse software with an oscilloscope where its
possible to have time at x-axis represented in real-time (PC-clock).
The programs I have tried, eg. Sony Sound Forge, shows time realtive to the
begining, it starts with zero.

Thanks in advance!

Bjarne J Aronsen

jd

Hi,

Bjarne J Aronsen wrote:

I am looking for sound analyse software with an oscilloscope where its
possible to have time at x-axis represented in real-time (PC-clock).
The programs I have tried, eg. Sony Sound Forge, shows time realtive to the
begining, it starts with zero.

Look he http://www.sumuller.de/audiotester/ and he
http://www.audiotester.de/

jd

P.S. I haven't tested this software

James Perrett

Bjarne J Aronsen wrote:

Hi.

I am looking for sound analyse software with an oscilloscope where its
possible to have time at x-axis represented in real-time (PC-clock).
The programs I have tried, eg. Sony Sound Forge, shows time realtive to the
begining, it starts with zero.

It is fairly easy to find software that will time stamp the start of the
file with the time of day (anything that supports broadcast wave format
should do it) but you'll need something to generate word clock from the
time if you want to keep the time information accurate throughout the
file.

Cheers.

James.
Geoff Wood

Bjarne J Aronsen wrote:
Hi.

I am looking for sound analyse software with an oscilloscope where its
possible to have time at x-axis represented in real-time (PC-clock).
The programs I have tried, eg. Sony Sound Forge, shows time realtive
to the begining, it starts with zero.

Thanks in advance!

Sound Forge 7 has auto-recording on time (or level, or MTC) triggers.

Unfortunately 'absolute time' is not an option for the ruler, but I guess
that it would be easily added if a requested feature (they are quite
responsive to sensible suggestions).

In the meantime you could , with a little effort, work it out from the file
time-stamp.

geoff

Bjarne J Aronsen

"Geoff Wood" :
Unfortunately 'absolute time' is not an option for the ruler, but I guess
that it would be easily added if a requested feature (they are quite
responsive to sensible suggestions).

Thanks. I will mail a suggestion to Sony.

Bjarne

[OT] Sound measure software with equivalent sound level meter? jd Pro Audio 2 March 21st 04 07:34 PM
Sound vs. Audio Bob Smoot Pro Audio 3 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
What Software for Editing Sound on PC SPS22 General 122 January 27th 04 12:58 AM
selecting a live vocal mic db:southcongress Pro Audio 34 October 20th 03 05:46 AM
science vs. pseudo-science ludovic mirabel High End Audio 91 October 3rd 03 09:56 PM