Martik

Default Honda Acura external amp wiring (repost)

I have an aftermarket CD player in a 97 Acura CL which is connected to an
external amp in the trunk.
I would like to reinstall the original Acura/Bose CD player but the amp
wiring has been
modified.

This is how the wiring harness at the amp is currently wired:

There a 8 pairs (total 16 wires) that are disconnected. The 4 that are
connected are Yellow,white (thin wire), yellow,white (thicker), Light green
and Black.

The disconnected pairs that are twisted together on the harness a
brn,wht + blk
blu + red,yel
org + gry,blk
blu,grn + wht
brn + brn,blk
yel + red,grn
grn + gry,wht
red + blu,yel

The wires on the amp connector are NOT paired, just single wires that were
cut.

Do I connect each of these pairs to the same pairs on the amp to restore
original wiring?

electricked

"Martik" wrote in message
[...]

Sometimes wire colors don't match. Each manifacturer has their own coloring
scheme, even though they try to match colors in general depending on the
function. Best way to find out is to find the specifications of the amp and
the CD player and match up the connections.

--Viktor