Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
zibbit zibbit is offline

Default Asbestos in Vintage Speakers (AR 2AX)

I have been told and have been reading about asbestos used in AR speakers
(maybe others). Does anyone know when AR used fiberglass that may have
contained asbestos and what circa speakers might contain asbestos i.e. is
there any reference that you know of that indicates which AR model numbers
might contain asbestos and the year of manufacture?

Any information you might have on the use of materials containing asbestos
in vintage speakers would be on interest to me.