Posted to rec.audio.tech
mkr5000 mkr5000 is offline

Default Hose and vegeatble oil

I have a small coolant hose that is a bit_ch to get on.

It would seem to me that just a little vegeatble oil, canola etc would
be ok to help matters?

After all, these wouldn't react with the rubber like a solvent based
oil?

Correct?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
mkr5000 mkr5000 is offline

That's vegeatable as in is "vegetable"

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

On Sun, 4 May 2008 06:48:51 -0700 (PDT), mkr5000
wrote:

I have a small coolant hose that is a bit_ch to get on.

It would seem to me that just a little vegeatble oil, canola etc would
be ok to help matters?

After all, these wouldn't react with the rubber like a solvent based
oil?

Correct?

That'll do. Dish washing liquid is another way. Don't use a mineral
oil or grease. And of course dip the end into boiling water for a
minute just before you start.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Posted to rec.audio.tech
mkr5000 mkr5000 is offline

Thanks.

Amateur isn't the word for me.

Boiling water ! Now you tell me.

Live and learn.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Don Pearce" wrote ...
wrote:

I have a small coolant hose that is a bit_ch to get on.

It would seem to me that just a little vegeatble oil, canola etc would
be ok to help matters?

After all, these wouldn't react with the rubber like a solvent based
oil?

Correct?

That'll do. Dish washing liquid is another way. Don't use a mineral
oil or grease. And of course dip the end into boiling water for a
minute just before you start.

The OP probably still doesn't know he posted to the wrong newsgroup!
I had to open and read the message to see that it wasn't some kinky
thing intended for some porno newsgroup. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

On Sun, 4 May 2008 08:07:41 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

"Don Pearce" wrote ...
wrote:

I have a small coolant hose that is a bit_ch to get on.

It would seem to me that just a little vegeatble oil, canola etc would
be ok to help matters?

After all, these wouldn't react with the rubber like a solvent based
oil?

Correct?

That'll do. Dish washing liquid is another way. Don't use a mineral
oil or grease. And of course dip the end into boiling water for a
minute just before you start.

The OP probably still doesn't know he posted to the wrong newsgroup!
I had to open and read the message to see that it wasn't some kinky
thing intended for some porno newsgroup. :-)

I know. Wanna take a bet on whether he owns an Audi?

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Posted to rec.audio.tech
WindsorFox[_3_] WindsorFox[_3_] is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Don Pearce" wrote ...
wrote:

I have a small coolant hose that is a bit_ch to get on.

It would seem to me that just a little vegeatble oil, canola etc would
be ok to help matters?

After all, these wouldn't react with the rubber like a solvent based
oil?

Correct?

That'll do. Dish washing liquid is another way. Don't use a mineral
oil or grease. And of course dip the end into boiling water for a
minute just before you start.

The OP probably still doesn't know he posted to the wrong newsgroup!
I had to open and read the message to see that it wasn't some kinky
thing intended for some porno newsgroup. :-)

Maybe it's a coolant hose for a water cooled power amp.

--

"I've also noted that a couple of my regular spammers
have pretty much switched over to phishing and 419s

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mkr5000 mkr5000 is offline

I can't believe this -- honestly I think I'm getting dementia.

Not only can I not spell but I thought this was rec.autos.tech

Geesh.

Anyway, I'll see what rec.autos knows about the pass labs projects.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

mkr5000 wrote:
I can't believe this -- honestly I think I'm getting dementia.

Not only can I not spell but I thought this was rec.autos.tech

Geesh.

Anyway, I'll see what rec.autos knows about the pass labs projects.

Something tells me you're likely to get much better car advice here
than you will audio advice there...