Posted to rec.audio.pro
kabukie kabukie is offline

Default LF: Shure FP42 Parts

Hi All...

Looking for parts (specifically Master Gain Stereo Pot) for a Shure
FP42 EFP Mixer.

I'd even buy a cheap unit to salvage parts to maintain the 6 I have.

Any Leads?

Cheers,

Chris W

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

kabukie wrote:

Looking for parts (specifically Master Gain Stereo Pot) for a Shure
FP42 EFP Mixer.

Did the Shure Parts department come up dry? They are actually very good
about parts for older products.

If they did, do you have a manufacturer and a value?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
kabukie kabukie is offline

Shure has officially discontinued this part (story from 3 seperate
shure service dealers)

Part Info as follows:

10k 2-in-one Master Gain Pot

P/N # 40307FT

It is used in an FP42 Mixer

Scott Dorsey wrote:
kabukie wrote:

Looking for parts (specifically Master Gain Stereo Pot) for a Shure
FP42 EFP Mixer.

Did the Shure Parts department come up dry? They are actually very good
about parts for older products.

If they did, do you have a manufacturer and a value?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

kabukie wrote:
Shure has officially discontinued this part (story from 3 seperate
shure service dealers)

Part Info as follows:

10k 2-in-one Master Gain Pot

P/N # 40307FT

It is used in an FP42 Mixer

Okay, so it's a 10K dual log taper pot. Get an old one out. Who is
the manufacturer listed on the package?

This is PC board mount, so at the absolute worst you should be able to
solder pigtail leads to a solder eyelet type.

Why are so many of these failing for you?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
kabukie kabukie is offline

Okay, so it's a 10K dual log taper pot. Get an old one out. Who is
the manufacturer listed on the package?

No Manufacturer stamp on the pot

This is PC board mount, so at the absolute worst you should be able to
solder pigtail leads to a solder eyelet type.

Thats what I think I'm going to do.

Why are so many of these failing for you?
--scott

I only had one fail...but we own lots and I get a bit concerned when
parts become diffucult to obtain. I found a similar panasonic pot
with a different footprint, I'll give it a shot and see...

Thanks for your help

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

kabukie wrote:

I only had one fail...but we own lots and I get a bit concerned when
parts become diffucult to obtain. I found a similar panasonic pot
with a different footprint, I'll give it a shot and see...

When you try to keep a hardware product going beyond its factory
support life, you have to be willing and able to adapt and improvise.
The electrical function is fairly easy to replace, it's the mechanical
part that's tricky. The original manufacturer decides on his mechanical
layout and, if it doesn't fit a standard part, orders a custom part.
Once those are exhausted, they rarely order more, and the part
manufacturer doesn't keep any around and won't make one for you.

So it sometimes takes some inginuity to fit what you can get into what
you got.

Good luck. Keep your soldering iron and drill handy. And don't worry
about changing the appearance. This ain't "vintage" stuff.