ojifdkjgd

Default Hammond 125CSE specs?

Hello all,

I have a question about single ended output transformer specs. The
Hammond 125CSE has the following specifications: Audio Watts - 8, Max.
D.C. Bias - 60 ma.

How should I interpret the max d.c. bias? Is this a never to be
exceeded value or is it the maximum quiescent current? If the latter,
what is a reasonable allowable current swing?

Thank you.

Mike L.

Fred Nachbaur

ojifdkjgd wrote:

Hello all,

I have a question about single ended output transformer specs. The
Hammond 125CSE has the following specifications: Audio Watts - 8, Max.
D.C. Bias - 60 ma.

How should I interpret the max d.c. bias? Is this a never to be
exceeded value or is it the maximum quiescent current? If the latter,
what is a reasonable allowable current swing?

Thank you.

Mike L.

This is the average DC component (bias) of the plate current. It's the
current that would be measured by a DC milliammeter placed in series
with the transformer. The 125CSE is intended for use with single-ended
amplifier designs, and the rating means that the average DC current
through the transformer should not exceed 60 mA. In actual operation, of
course, the instantaneous current will vary greatly, from almost zero as
the tube approaches cutoff, to perhaps twice the value (120 mA) at
maximum current (near saturation).

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |