Tom Graefe

Default Schematic Design Program

I do a lot of design and I need a good schematics drawing program for
Windows XP. Any Ideas? I used to use Circuit Master but it does no work
with XP. I need to do tubes and IC's.

Thanks and please email me!

--
Tom

---

Gregg

What I would suggest for you is to install a program called LILO (Linux
Loader), however dual-boot Win98 and XP rather than Linux :-)

Win98 allows a MUCH better selection of programs for CAD.

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Eumaeus

I am just wondering if you attempted any of the backwards compatibility that
is in Windows XP for older Windows and DOS programs. Most will run with a
little tweaking.

Check the help screens for "Program Compatilbility" for how to do it.

"Tom Graefe" wrote in message
ink.net...
I do a lot of design and I need a good schematics drawing program for
Windows XP. Any Ideas? I used to use Circuit Master but it does no work
with XP. I need to do tubes and IC's.

Thanks and please email me!

--
Tom

---

root

Gregg wrote:
What I would suggest for you is to install a program called LILO (Linux
Loader), however dual-boot Win98 and XP rather than Linux :-)

Win98 allows a MUCH better selection of programs for CAD.

The man asked for a schematic editor, not suggestions on his OS
http://www.cadsoft.de/ for a free ( limited in size and layers of PCB )
program called Eagle.
b.t.w. is available for Windows and Linux.

Andre
Form@C

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:03:08 +0000, Tom Graefe wrote:

I do a lot of design and I need a good schematics drawing program for
Windows XP. Any Ideas? I used to use Circuit Master but it does no work
with XP. I need to do tubes and IC's.

There is an unlimited demo version of IntelliCad, which will almost
certainly run under XP, around on the net. It is a general purpose CAD
program, so you mey need to create your own block library with the
required symbols. It may also be a little "heavy duty" for what you want
too!

--
Cheers...
Mick