Marc Phillips

Howard said:

S888Wheel wrote:

P.S. You are a hack as well as a plagiarist and a fraud. But at least you

are
published. But then so is Corey Greenberg. Haw Haw Haw. Get a life Slycke.

Hey, Moron,

Would you believe that The Encyclopedia of Recorded Sound
that I helped to edit and also contributed to is now in
print.

I got my two-volume, 1200+ page, "editors" free copy
yesterday. I am on the title page as the "technical editor,"
which is kind of a surprise. I did review all the technical
articles and updated quite a large number of others that had
been in the earlier edition. I also wrote a few new ones,
and of course I did all of the biographical sketches of
audio big wigs, plus some company histories. However, I
think the people at Routledge did a heck of a lot more than
I did. Perhaps 10% of the total material in the set was
written or modified by me.

Although many audio notables are in there, it is still
primarily a music-oriented publication, with scads of bios
of performers, plus a lot of recorded-music history. Your
bio sketch is NOT in there, needless to say.

The two-volume set lists for $225.00, which means that it
will definitely be an academic or technical library item.

Hmmm. Isn't repeated spamming of a Usenet newsgroup like this grounds for
getting kicked off one's ISP, or something similar?

Boon
Marc Phillips

Howard said:

Hey, while being in the phone book may impress you, it does
not impress me. It takes a lot more work to get your name on
the title page of a book than it does to get into the phone
book, slick.

The person you're talking to, Scott Wheeler, gets his name seen by millions of
people every year, you schmuck.

Boon

Marc Phillips

The Devil said:

Your point being?
And besides, did you *ever* convert one of the "loonies" to your point
of view?

He converted me into a cucumber-hater.

And you converted me into a earwig muncher.

Boon
Marc Phillips

Howard said:

Sander deWaal wrote:

Did you *ever* convert one of the "loonies" into your point of view?

Not yet. But there is always hope.

Howard has answered this three times so far, and I'll bet serious money that he
doesn't even realize it.

Boon

Clyde Slick

"Marc Phillips" wrote in message
Howard said:

Hey, while being in the phone book may impress you, it does
not impress me. It takes a lot more work to get your name on
the title page of a book than it does to get into the phone
book, slick.

The person you're talking to, Scott Wheeler, gets his name seen by
millions of
people every year, you schmuck.

"Face" it Howie, you're skunked.

Arny Krueger

Howard said:

Hey, while being in the phone book may impress you, it does
not impress me. It takes a lot more work to get your name on
the title page of a book than it does to get into the phone
book, slick.

The person you're talking to, Scott Wheeler, gets his name seen by
millions of people every year, you schmuck.

So does Charles Manson. What's your point?

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

I am on the title page as the "technical editor,"

A step above getting your name in the phone book. Congradulations (sic).

An audio accomplishment you can't even reasonable dream of, Scott.

BTW Scott, why not tell the nice folks what your occupation is, that is if
you're not too embarrassed to admit it in public.

Clyde Slick

Howard said:

Hey, while being in the phone book may impress you, it does
not impress me. It takes a lot more work to get your name on
the title page of a book than it does to get into the phone
book, slick.

The person you're talking to, Scott Wheeler, gets his name seen by
millions of people every year, you schmuck.

So does Charles Manson. What's your point?

BTW, Ted Bundy is another mass murderer who is well known.
That makes two residents of Tallahassee big cheeses
in the eyes of the public.

Clyde Slick

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

I am on the title page as the "technical editor,"

A step above getting your name in the phone book. Congradulations (sic).

An audio accomplishment you can't even reasonable dream of, Scott.

BTW Scott, why not tell the nice folks what your occupation is, that is if
you're not too embarrassed to admit it in public.

I'm going to "out" Scott.
He examines genitals for a living.

Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

I am on the title page as the "technical editor,"

A step above getting your name in the phone book. Congradulations (sic).

An audio accomplishment you can't even reasonable dream of, Scott.

BTW Scott, why not tell the nice folks what your occupation is, that is if
you're not too embarrassed to admit it in public.

Is your life so empty that you have to interfere in other people's
'fights", Arnold?

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Sander deWaal

George M. Middius said:

I just heard a door slam in Goose Pointe. Now a Villager's motor is
turning over. What's that, Arnii? You're going to the doctor again?

A Voyager in the snow with pink noise on the radio.
How poetic.

Does anyone know if Arny is "published"?

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Marc Phillips

Howard said:

But still published, goofball. Five books, now.

Bad writer, now.

Boon
Marc Phillips

Howard said:

Hey, while being in the phone book may impress you, it does
not impress me. It takes a lot more work to get your name on
the title page of a book than it does to get into the phone
book, slick.

The person you're talking to, Scott Wheeler, gets his name seen by
millions of people every year, you schmuck.

So does Charles Manson. What's your point?

My point is that Scott Wheeler gets his name seen by millions of people every
year.

Thanks for playing, ****head.

Boon

Howard Ferstler

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Brother Horace hides behind the Krooborg's well inspected genitals.

The word "limited" defines him.

Are you afraid of me too, Clerkie? I thought your nemesis was dave
weil. I wish you'd go to the doctor already. Get it over with.

You, George, are an RAO gasbag. Why on earth would anyone be
"afraid" of a piece of lint like you?

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Fella wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

Fella wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

My guess is that there is something wrong with the Densen.

Howard you *must* look like that "oukaay" teacher in southpark, say it,
say that you look like him. Say it.

There also appears to be something wrong with you as well.

Just by saying that I hear the difference between a yamaha amp and an
onkyo amp I become "deluded", remember?

Yep. Admittedly, you may simply have screwed up the level
matching, or one of the amps might be defective.

However, I prefer to believe that you are simply deluded.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Brother Donkey Clerk brayed:

Nor did you feel ashamed at getting caught stealing, nor even guilty for
having done it in the first place. You don't feel anything. You are a
wind-up toy clown.

And, Mr. George "nobody" Middius, I am again published - and
in a very big way this time.

You just got done telling us it's "not your book". You're so desperate
for approval.

Haw, haw, haw......

Yes, quite. I hope you realize that no experienced audiophile would
want the publishing credits you love to rack up. It probably escapes
you completely. Here's an analogy: Would the person who refined
McDonald's french-frying method try to pass himself off as a great
cook? Would the designer of the Yugo call himself a great engineer?
Does a kid with an ant farm call himself an eminent biologist?

Haw, haw, haw....

I win; you lose.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Sander deWaal wrote:

Howard Ferstler said:

And, Mr. George "nobody" Middius, I am again published - and
in a very big way this time.

Haw, haw, haw......

Earlier you said "it is not my book".

Well, well, well........

You obviously do not know much about encyclopedia-type
books, but typical audio freakos really do not "know" much
about anything, anyway.

I edited all the technical articles, and wrote many
additional ones. I also wrote all of the biographical
articles about audio notables, including recording
engineers, design engineers, and audio journalists, and also
wrote many of the manufacturer histories. The title page has
the primary editor and me listed, with the other
contributors listed elsewhere.

While I certainly did not write the majority of the
material, I would guess that out of the 1,200+ page total
perhaps 120 - 150 pages would be by me if you pulled all the
articles out and combined them into a single text.

Now that is really not a book-sized contribution,
particularly when you consider that my first four books were
each in the 250 to 450 page category. However, I discovered
that writing biographical sketches from data sheets
submitted by dozens of audio notables was more time
consuming than what I had to deal with when working on my
four previous books. Hence, the amount of research material
involved with this particular project added up to nearly as
much time as what I did with each of my four previous books.

So, while it is not "my" book the way the first four were,
it is certainly something that reflects my efforts.

Incidentally, doing all that biographical research on audio
notables allowed me to make contact with people you tweakos
can only dream of corresponding with.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Marc Phillips wrote:

Howard said:

But still published, goofball. Five books, now.

Bad writer, now.

Boon

Way, way ahead of you, gasbag.

Howard Ferstler

Howard Ferstler

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

Your delusioinal rantings and ravings about those with individual preferences
help all posters to see how delusional and out of touch with reality you are.
Since you are mentally ill, your pathetic attempts to "diagnose" others are a
joke.

As is always the case, your pronouncements about others are completely bogus,
and unsupported by any facts.

Bruce J. Richman

But, Bruce, I am published (audio-book published) and you
are, well, just another RAO gasbag.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

From: Howard Ferstler
Date: 10/26/2004 5:48 PM Pacific Standard Time

The best you can do is fantasize about your
system and upscale gear.

No, I own it. I listen to it. I enjoy it. It's sour grapes for you.

I do not think so, Clyde. My guess is that you have some
good amps (no big deal there) and some fairly good speakers
poorly set up in a rather poor room. I also am pretty sure
that you are absolutely ignorant of the response linearity
of that system in that room. In addition, I am pretty sure
that you are not in any way going to do some proper
measurements, because you are afraid of what they might
reveal.

I am a hobbyist like so many others. It must suck to have mere hobbyists like
me expose you as a fraud.

Expose me as a fraud? Funny, I do not feel any heat. Just
where has your exposing job caused me any grief? You are as
deluded about exposing me as you are about audio gear. The
RAO crowd has about as much impact on audio as a pea shooter
would have on an M1A1 tank. You seriously overrate
yourselves.

The two-volume set lists for $225.00, which means that it
will definitely be an academic or technical library item.

IOW a low volume seller.

Yep. That is the way it is with academic books, slick.

So how do the sales stack up against the best selling acedemic books Clyde?
Still low eh? Let us know when sales hit double figures.

The book has been out for a week. Give it time. I am sure
that Routledge knows how to market books.

The fact is that you tweakos have been trumped by a guy who
has published four books on audio and record reviewing and
has been importantly involved in the production of an
encyclopedia dealing with the history of recording. You have
a bunch of weird audio beliefs and having a seriously
published author make fun of you just has to have you guys
beside yourselves with frustration.

Good. That's the object.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Marc Phillips wrote:

Howard said:

Hey, while being in the phone book may impress you, it does
not impress me. It takes a lot more work to get your name on
the title page of a book than it does to get into the phone
book, slick.

The person you're talking to, Scott Wheeler, gets his name seen by millions of
people every year, you schmuck.

Boon

Who?

Gets his name seen by millions every year? What on earth are
you talking about?

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Marc Phillips wrote:

My point is that Scott Wheeler gets his name seen by millions of people every
year.

Thanks for playing, ****head.

Boon

"Gets his name seen." What in the hell is that supposed to
mean?

Howard Ferstler
Bruce J. Richman

Howard Ferstler wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

Your delusioinal rantings and ravings about those with individual

preferences
help all posters to see how delusional and out of touch with reality you

are.
Since you are mentally ill, your pathetic attempts to "diagnose" others are

joke.

As is always the case, your pronouncements about others are completely

bogus,
and unsupported by any facts.

Bruce J. Richman

But, Bruce, I am published (audio-book published) and you
are, well, just another RAO gasbag.

Howard Ferstler

Delusional ravings noted. The quite psychotic Marquis de Sade was also
"published", so you just join the list of severely psychotic individuals that
have had meaningless propaganda published.

Every post you right destroys your credibility even more. Excellent job !!!

Bruce J. Richman

Typical Audio Freako©

Howard Ferstler said:

You obviously do not know much about encyclopedia-type
books, but typical audio freakos really do not "know" much
about anything, anyway.

Am I your "typical audio freako"?

Incidentally, doing all that biographical research on audio
notables allowed me to make contact with people you tweakos
can only dream of corresponding with.

Bragging again Howie?
Shall I bring you into contact with mr. Levinson, Johnson, Hawksford
or one of the many lesser gods?
Maybe you'd learn a bit about applied audio electronics then.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Howard Ferstler

From: "Arny Krueger"
Date: 10/27/2004 7:11 PM Pacific Standard Time
"S888Wheel" wrote in message

I am on the title page as the "technical editor,"

A step above getting your name in the phone book. Congradulations (sic).

An audio accomplishment you can't even reasonable dream of, Scott.

How is writing about audio an "audio" acomplishment? It is, if anything, a
journalistic acomplishment. It is however just about the most entry level
acomplishment there is for a journalist. Howard has acomplished next to
nothing. He has achieved the bare minimum to even call himself a writer. But
what kind of a writer is he? One that shamelessly plagairizes advertising copy
and deliberately corrupts data in his published DBTs. Does it get any lower for
a journalist?

If this is the case, gasbag, why am I still going strong? If
you have any clout at all you will do something about my bad
faith and get me out of the journalism business. Or are you
just another RAO gasbag?

BTW Scott, why not tell the nice folks what your occupation is, that is if
you're not too embarrassed to admit it in public.

I have never been embarrassed about my occupation. I'm one of the lucky people
who does what I dreamed of doing since childhood.

My god, you are a pimp??!!

I will happily tell any
normal person who asks.

I have read here that you get your "name" seen by millions
every year. What kind of weird job has that kind of perk?

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Marc Phillips wrote:

Hmmm. Isn't repeated spamming of a Usenet newsgroup like this grounds for
getting kicked off one's ISP, or something similar?

Boon

Get busy and complain. Or, are you just another RAO gasbag?

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

Sander, while I appreciate your efforts to expose this charlatan....

This is a scream. Routledge (a branch of Taylor & Francis,
one of the largest publishing houses in the world) has me
work for them as an article writer and editor (plus I have
published four other books for three other publishers), and
this goofball Richman says that I am a charlatan.

Yeah, and the moon is made of green cheese.

Howard Ferstler

Shall we count the ways, fraud? (1) False and libelous claims about people
without any facts to back them up. (2) Plagiarism of the works of others and
then sociopathic attempts to rationalize them and/or cover them up. (3)
Methodologically deceptive and fraudulent "double blind tests" in which you've
been proven to have deliberately manipulated the data to conform to
preconceived beliefs/

And I'm sure many more deceptive, false, and/or libelous practices too numerous
to mention. However, I'm sure you've succeeded in preventing newbies from
listening to the words of "true believers" and "tweako-freakos". Practically
all of them who come here and voice there opinions despise you! Mission
accomplished. !!! Good job !!!

ROFLMAO !!!!

Bruce J. Richman

Richman, you make a lot of sophomoric noise here on RAO. If
you are all that in a wad about what you claim I have done,
get busy and do something about it that means something.

Otherwise, I will continue to think of you as just another
RAO gasbag.

Howard Ferstler

Ferstler on recording Howard Ferstler Audio Opinions 108 September 25th 04 05:09 PM
Sound vs. Audio Bob Smoot Pro Audio 3 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
the emperor's clothes Ben Hoadley High End Audio 33 January 16th 04 05:48 PM
hum..buzz sound !!! help!! it's annoying~ Ricky W. Hunt Pro Audio 2 September 7th 03 02:40 PM
Surround Sound for Stereo Lovers Robert Lang High End Audio 5 July 4th 03 08:39 PM