Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default The Compleat Audio Knowlege Of Harry Lavo

Very funny interchange on RAHE that is all too typical of Harry.

Here's the basic question:

"I've often considered items such as Behringer's A500 (for lesser
applications in secondary systems). I believe its input jacks are only of
the professional 'balanced' variety, (additionally IIRC this amp has been
said not particularly durable, failing too often). Is there and adapter
available to allow for the more common "hobbyist's" RCA plug to fit into
their XLR jacks? If so, could you kindly point me in its direction."

Here's your basic reference on the A500:

http://www.behringer.com/A500/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Which says:

" Input connections are laid out on balanced XLR, 1/4' TRS and RCA
connectors, making sure you never run out of connectivity options."

Presumably, when Harry did his searching, Google lied to him.

Note that the A500 has RCA input jacks, RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!.

Here's Harry's brilliant reply:

"
Try here, Norman...under cables and connectors. You are looking for an
RCA-XLR adaptor. BSW carries the ubiquitous HOSA brand and they are a
reasonable connector:

Hosa GXM133

http://www.bswusa.com/proditem.asp?item=GXM133m
"

BTW, the link is broken. The part is not in stock at BSW.

So, if the hapless RAHE poster followed Harry's brilliant advice, he'd end
up with a pair of useless adapters.

What a maroon! ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Feb 7, 4:32*pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

What a maroon! ;-)

I'd like to go on record that I do not like insane frustrated assholes
from Michigan.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default "very funny"

The Krooborg tries to beckon some Normals into the stark and unreal
nightmare of its own existence.

Very funny interchange on RAHE that is all too typical of Harry.

[...]
So, if the hapless RAHE poster followed Harry's brilliant advice, he'd end
up with a pair of useless adapters.
What a maroon! ;-)

Hilarious! What a hoot! We're all ROTFLing like maniacs! Arnii, your sense
of humor is something else.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Connector Conspiracy

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message

The context was an amplifier with an XLR input jack.

What many people can't comprehend, is that just because
a piece of gear has a XLR connector does not mean it is a
true balanced piece of equipment. In many cases it is
actually single ended with only one pin actually live. In
this case you simply make up a cable with one XLR
connector and one RCA.

If you think about it Bret, you always have to make up a cable with one XLR
connector and one RCA, if you are connecting a RCA cable to an XLR input. So
the issue of whether the XLR input has one or two active input pins is moot
to your comment.

Nor is it necessarily a +4 dbm level nor is it actually
capable of driving a 600 0hm load. You need to look at a
schematic and see what's where.

Inputs don't drive anything.

Balancing transformers are usually not necessary when
going from XLR to RCA jack.

They are usually a bad idea unless the application demands them.

Understanding what's where and making up a specific cable are.

The best public reference on the topic may be Rane Note 110:

http://www.rane.com/pdf/note110.pdf

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news
[...]

So sue me, the link is broken. It wasn't this afternoon when I pasted it
in...I tested it. I think Norman is intelligent enough to find the listed
site and use the part number...if that is his inclination.

For what it is worth, Norman asked a straightforward question "is such an
adaptor available". It is, and I told him where to find it.
A simple request; a simple answer.

The "maroon" is the one who tries to make an issue out of nothing.

You are a whole box of "maroons".

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message

Understanding what's where and making up a specific
cable are.

The best public reference on the topic may be Rane Note
110:

http://www.rane.com/pdf/note110.pdf

Seems like a Good Reference. I agree.

But looking at the schematics and using Common Sense will
get you through in 99.9% of cases.

Don't think so.

One reason I push making up your own cables VERY HARD.

Making your own cables is a waste of time and money as long as a commercial
equivalent exists.

And the abandonment of the stinky RCA connector. It is
not a serious connector.

On that we can agree. My main audio system has more TRS and XLR than RCA in
it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 8 Feb, 16:57, Bret Ludwig wrote:

For the hobbyist making your own serves the essential purpose of
needed craft practice as well as being cost and time effective. i buy
cable products on the roll, including spark plug wire, and make them
the length I need with no trips to the store. I have a lifetime supply
of most of the wire products I need bought at advantageous times.

aptly stored in your underground bomb shelter.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] vinylanach@aol.com is offline

On Feb 7, 2:32�pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
[...]

Let's see...Harry posted a link that didn't work. You stored images
of child pornography on your hard drive for three years, described the
images in detail on an audio newsgroup, and then accused several
people here of sending them to you.

Yeah, that's the same thing, douchebag.

Boon