Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steve[_17_] Steve[_17_] is offline

Default Bose CD player problem

Hello to all! New here to this group so forgive me if I ask a dumb
question.... I have a Bose single CD player that I have had for about
6 or so years. It sounds good "when it wants to play." Some CD's
play with no problem at all. Some won't play at all. Some will play
if I keep forwarding tracks and stopping and starting and even then it
takes a long time to get them to play. Once I finally get the subborn
ones to play, they will then usually play through all the tracks.
Then next time I go to play that CD the drill will start all over
again. These are all pretty much high quality CD's to begin with. I
have tried cleaning the CD's with the right cleaning solutions and
from center out to edge and playing a CD cleaner disc. Nothing seems
to help so far. I have other cheaper portable CD players and have
never had a problem playing the same CD's. I really like the sound of
the Bose but it is getting to be a headache to play it. Help
please... I suppose I could send it in to Bose but they would
probably charge big bucks to tune up. Is there something I could do
myself to tune it? Thanks in advance!
Steve
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

**It probably requires a new laser. Send it to a reputable repair guy. Bose
don't make their own lasers, so there is a high probability that your system
uses a generic laser.

Trevor Wilson

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Steve" wrote in message

[...]

Get a good separate CD or DVD player, and hook it to the aux inputs.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steve[_17_] Steve[_17_] is offline

On Jan 24, 2:30*pm, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:
**It probably requires a new laser. Send it to a reputable repair guy. Bose
don't make their own lasers, so there is a high probability that your system
uses a generic laser.

Trevor Wilson- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the info!
Steve
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Norman M. Schwartz Norman M. Schwartz is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Steve" wrote in message

[...]

And moreover, one having a better more informative display panel than does
the original Bose Wave/Radio CD!

'96 Maxima w/ Bose CD/cassette problem [email protected] Car Audio 3 January 24th 07 01:46 AM
bose cd player in maxima Richard and Shaw Bullington Car Audio 0 February 20th 06 10:57 PM
bose 201 problem dura_ace Tech 0 May 16th 05 01:09 AM
Bose CD Player is giving me this Msg "ERR1" Darek Pro Audio 0 July 28th 03 03:50 PM
problem with 6CD-charger Bose bakanach Car Audio 0 July 9th 03 08:50 AM