Tony Fernandes

Default Stuff an AP box?

I've read both opinions lately on whether or not (or how much) to use
polyfill inside an aperiodic enclosure. Mind you, there's not much room
inside mine to put much of it inside anyway, but I wanted some opinions.

I'm almost done with this project...the holidays have taken precedence.
2 Soundstream EXACT 10s each with less than 1/3 cu ft firing into the back
seats of my 2001 Nissan Maxima. I'm making my own membranes. I'll post
results with I'm finished.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

--
What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or,

sanitarium

I used egg crate foam inside mine and it de-tuned it a little around 70Hz,
and increased the low end a very (very) small amount. The effect is subtle,
but IMHO noticeable. Try it both ways and use your easrs first, RTA second
to guide you. Im still tweeking mine, slowly removing AP material from the
membrane till I get a nice low resonance... almost there. The 2 small
chambers on the side will house a pair of rockford 8's (last 2 pics). Was
going to leave it as-is, but stumbled onto a good e-bay deal for the 8's
:~)

Garrett

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...401268_103_ful
l.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...401268_104_ful
l.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...401268_102_ful
l.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...401268_91_full
..jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...401268_95_full
..jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...401268_92_full
..jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...401268_105_ful
l.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i.../401268_87.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i.../401268_88.jpg

[...]

Tony Fernandes

Thanks. I will try it both ways. Another thing...I am following the
write-up on Carsound by Chris K. He advocates using a membrane half the
diameter of the woofer size. He says you can decrease the thickness of the
membrane in this way. He claims to produce the same results as a larger,
thicker membrane. We shall see!

Tony

--

"sanitarium" wrote in message
[...]

sanitarium

Right... My membrane is 10" dia for a 15" sub. I am using alternating
layers of dense felt and quilt stuffing. The felt is much denser than the
stuffing to accomodate the 10" dia.

Garrett