Brett Baisley

Default New to Car Audio

Hello

I am new to car audio. My girlfriend just bought me a JVC KD-S690 Car CD
Deck for Christmas to replace the factory one still in the car. It comes
with free installation at the company she bought it from, but I am always
curious. Can someone point me in the direction on how to install this in a
1994 Chev Cavalier? The deck is smaller then the one currectly in the car,
so how does it set it there? Do I need a faceplate to fill in the gap?

Also, since I have a better deck now, I want to change my speakers. How do
you tell what size to buy? I am pretty sure from what I read online that the
back 2 speakers are 6x9"'s. The deck is 180W, so does that mean each of the
4 speakers will get 45W of power? If so, does that mean a 50W speaker will
suffice for installation? There are no amps involved, just the deck and
maybe new speakers if I can find out what to get and how to install them
myself.

Thanks!

Paul Vina

You;ll need a dash kit, wire harness and antenna adapter to get it in. Once
you get the factory radio out it's cake to get the new one in.

Your HU probably does about 20 watts of real power continuously. DOn't
worry about the power ratings of the speakers you get. Just find a set or
two that you like and put them in.

Paul Vina

"Brett Baisley" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
[...]

narcolept

[...]

www.installdr.com used to be a spamming ****, but a year later, they
actually put some stuff on the site, and if they have info on your car, it's
actually somewhat resourceful for n00bishes to figure out how to do
something

narcolept
-----
helping out some n00bishes for xmas

Brett Baisley

A wire harness came with the stereo. I just have to solder on one set of
ends to the wires in the car, then plug it into the stereo.

Where would I get a dash plate? I tried looking online at FutureShop,
Canadian Tire and Radio Shack, but nothing. Any other stores?

Thanks

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
[...]

Paul Vina

I know the radio came with one, they all do. The harness I'm talking about
plugs into your car's radio harness so you don't have to take it off. The
you plug one end into the radio and the other end into the radio. Also, I
wouldn't solder. Maybe it's just me, but a god bott connector properly
crimoed will last just as long and is a whole lot faster.

Paul Vina

.cable.rogers.com...

AUDIO FILE EDIT: HELP PLS! DL General 2 February 21st 04 11:05 PM
Audio Source vs. Cambridge Audio vs. NAD vs. Adcom Mark General 8 August 5th 03 07:39 PM
-Ultimate Audio Reviews Online- Steven R. Rochlin General 0 August 5th 03 05:21 PM
fix audio files [email protected] General 1 July 15th 03 05:44 PM
gps install: how to mix its audio (voice prompting) with head unit audio-out? bryan Car Audio 0 July 3rd 03 05:46 PM