Kermit

Default Acoustic Research AR 94si

Hi,

I've got a pair of AR speakers that I am trying to get some
information on so I can sell them. I'm guessing that they are from
the mid to late eighties. They have two 8" woofers and a 1 1/4" inch
tweeter. They sound pretty decent but seem like they are not as
sensitive as some of my other speakers. Anybody have any opinions on
these? I know they're not junk but don't think that they are from
AR's glory days either. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Robb
Wylie Williams

"Kermit" wrote in message
Hi,

I've got a pair of AR speakers that I am trying to get some
information on so I can sell them. I'm guessing that they are from
the mid to late eighties. They have two 8" woofers and a 1 1/4" inch
tweeter. They sound pretty decent but seem like they are not as
sensitive as some of my other speakers. Anybody have any opinions on
these? I know they're not junk but don't think that they are from
AR's glory days either. Any input would be appreciated.

No, not from AR's glory days but still built according to the same basic
principles. That is one reason they are not very sensitive. Check the
woofers- they may need to have the foam surround replaced.

Wylie Williams