GoOsE PiMP

Default Audigy ASIO crashing computer

Hey all,

I've just started using a midi keyboard with Logic 5 on the PC, so
I've switched to ASIO for lower latency with my Audigy 2 Platinum
soundcard.

Problem is, when I have Logic open my other music apps (which use the
other audigy drivers - not asio) stop functioning. They just wont play
back any audio, and often my computer just completely freezes up and
dies. AARGH!

Does this show some kind of conflict between my asio drivers and the
other ones? (whatever they may be called), Or is it something to do
with my buffer/latency settings for asio?

Perhaps I need a better soundcard? Any suggestions to what might be
wrong?

By the way, I have disabled onboard sound (but not uninstalled the
drivers), so I doubt it's a conflict there?

Maybe I suck arse, maybe Audigy sucks arse, I really don't know. This
can't be normal though. Surely you can use the Audigy's asio drivers
and the same time as the other ones? I mean, that's a must isn't it?
God dam computers!

Thanks people!!