Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] dandaman2234@gmail.com is offline

Default Amp in Skoda?

Hi I've just bought a Skoda Felicia and a pair of 1000watt 6x9"
speakers for the parcel shelf. They fit perfectly. I have also got a
450watt amp for them to run off. I've installed an amplifier and sub
previous to this in another car and hav installed a 1000watt wiring kit
in my skoda. The only thing that is troubling me is the battery. The
car has an immobiliser init, the stock radio has been taken out and
replaced with a kenwood one. I want to connect the amp to the battery.
I've heard that you disconnect the negative clamp and the battery and
move it away from the battery then disconnect the positive from the
battery and move it away.
Would this cause any problems with with the cars chips/immobiliser
??????

When I installed my sis's amp/sub I grounded the amp in the boot, then
unscrewed the positive clamp on the battery and placed the amp power
cables ring connector on it and screwed it down then put the fuse in,
but there were quite a few sparks.

Can somebody please tell me the PROPER method to do the installation so
that i don't wreck my immobiliser and car????

Thank you in advance

Dan

P.S. If i lean on the car and touch the positive terminal/battery clamp
will I be electricuted/killed?? And will I if I touch the negative
clamp/terminal???