jds

Default bang & olufsen oaf

I have a Beosystem 2500, radio, CD and tape player combo. Today I
lightly dusted the head with a very soft brush. Also ran a TDK dry
headcleaner tape through. Now, when I put in a tape, it engages and
the immediately disengages. I can still fast forward and reverse. Any
thoughts (other than I shouldn't have dusted anything!)? Thanks.
Uptown Audio

You may have actually added some crud to the drive/pinion and idler
wheel by using the "cleaning" tape, especially if it is old. Use a
Q-tip and some alcohol to clean the mechanical tape path and try
again. You want the pinion/idler to look like chrome and the rubber
idler to be a dull black, not glossy.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA