Zen

Default 12inch JLW3 v2 Cubic ?

Hi guys,

Just purchased a 12 inch JLW3 v2 sub and have available 150wrms bridged
output.
The manufacturer's recommendation for box size is 1.25cubic ft and sub is
rated at 300wrms.

My question is do i need to purchase a bigger box ,say, 1.5cubic ft because
of the limited output I have or proceed
with 1.25 cubic ft recommendation. Just worried if I get 1.5cubic ft it
won't sound as well. Heard the smaller the volume the more power is
required.

Will the power i have at hand be enough for 1.25cubic ft for decent
performance in family size sedan.

Input much appreciated
Cheers!

Perry

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
newsp7Eb.417190$ao4.1353024@attbi_s51...
Stick with JLs recommendation. The 300 watts is how much power it will
handle, not how much it needs.

I had my 12W3(not a v2) in about 1.6 cubic feet, sealed, and it was powered
by a JL 500/1......sounded nice, no problems.

Aaron

I'd stick with the 1.25... though don't they reccomend 1.24 +- 10% or
so? It's important for the subs to be in the box they were designed for.
Also, 150w RMS is decent, and will get a single 12 moving pretty good.
Though since you're running lower wattage you could run it ported and
get more for your watt...

I personally like to run subs sealed but closer to their RMS max, you
get a lot of punch and a good range of tones.

Aaron