Ivan Lopez

Default 8 inch subs, recommendations based on experience welcomed

Hi,

With all the talk on this forum centering around 12's and 15's I would like
to take a diversion into the realm of 8's for a bit.
I'm looking to supplement my system with some 8's due to space/mounting
limitations. The space considerations are ~.65-.70 ft3 with no greater than
4.5 inch mounting depth. The subwoofer will be used in a sealed design.

Up on the list so far a

Eclipse 87081.4
Kicker CompVR
PowerBase Xtreme ES8D
Resonant Engineering 8
Elementa Designs E8A
Image Dynamics ID8
JL Audio 8W3

Anyone have experience/used any of these? If so, what has your expereince
been?

Thanks,
Ivan

---

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:47:39 GMT, "Ivan Lopez"
wrote:

[...]

so far, i ahve used boston accoustic rally 8" subs...they were
excellent!!!

And mtx blackgold 8" subs ...these subs had the most amazing SQ i have
heard in a car yet ... i dont think they make them anymore

sanitarium

I agree on the black golds.
IMHO the original blue thunders were also very good, Low Fs and Vas made
them sound bigger than 8". They're not the loudest 8's though

Garrett

wrote:

[...]

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).