Seth Ness

Default Dead Bose stereo update

Hi,

I have a 95 maxima with a bose stereo system that suddenly had the
sound go dead. there is still power to the antenna and headunit, just
no sound. I finally got around to checking the fuses and it turns out
that the 15 amp 'bose' fuse in the fuse box near the drivers left knee
was blown. So i replaced it and had sound back for about 2 seconds
and the same fuse blew again.

the only things that have changed recently are that I added a
headlight wire harness. but that was around for months without causing
any problems and i checked and all the connections and grounds are
still fine with it. And just before the stereo died I had bodywork
done to replace the trunk lid and rear bumper. But the stereo worked
for several hours after that. could it be related?

So what can be causing this fuse to blow?

thanks

seth
ck

Since it keeps blowing a fuse one of the amps is bad. Best thing to do is
unplug the two rear amps from the spkr and replace fuse. If sound plug one
spkr in at a time. The reason i say rear is they are easy to get to.
"Seth Ness" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Brian

not too mention he also had body work done in the rear which creates the
very likely possibility of a crimped wire shorting things out.

Bill Never

The following website has allot of usefull information on Bose car
stereo systems and troubleshooting.
http://www.carstereohelp.com/
Dennis Goodrich

A ha! ...maybe. Since some work has been done in the trunk area I would
look for chafed wiring that is shorting out. This would certainly cause
a fuse to go out. Perhaps a wire got pinched when the new trunk lid was
put on.

If you are handy with a multimeter, you could check the wiring
continuity from the fuse back. From the equipment side of the fuse (i.e.
not the battery supply side) there should be no continuity from there to
ground. If there is and the ohm meter reads close to zero, there must
be a short somewhere.

Denny

Seth Ness wrote:
[...]

Bose 901 Review William Sommerwerck General 149 January 8th 05 04:49 PM
Dead Bose stereo Seth Ness Car Audio 13 February 29th 04 02:58 PM
94 Infiniti - Factoy Bose System Dead W4murdza Car Audio 2 October 10th 03 06:39 AM
Tahoe with Bose & Onstar: Help Adding/Choosing a Sub & Amp Team Goon Car Audio 1 September 2nd 03 04:46 PM
Need Help With Car Stereo - Sable Wagon AlgaMAN [EChMotor#900] Car Audio 0 August 2nd 03 03:40 AM