Shane Perkins

Default Alarms -- which one to get?

I'm looking at getting a new car alarm for a 2005 Tundra that _did_not_
come with stock remote keyless entry. I've only had two alarms previously
(both Avital) -- one in my 98 Civic, another in my 2001 Ford. The one
in my Civic's great but the one in the Ford is *way* too sensitive.

So now I'm in the market for another alarm and am looking for
recommendations. Just from what I've read on this NG, a few people
have had problems with their Pythons which may or may not be related to
the remote engine starter piece of it. I'm in Southern California so I
really don't need that too much, but I'd like to make sure I'm getting
a nice alarm that will provide years of trouble-free service.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which alarms they'd suggest?

Thanks for the advice!

Shane
Jon

Professional installers always are telling me to get a DEI alarm. Viper,
Python, Clifford. Go to the DEI website, pick your brand, then find
somebody to install in your area.
Just my 2 cents

Shane Perkins wrote:
I'm looking at getting a new car alarm for a 2005 Tundra that
_did_not_ come with stock remote keyless entry. I've only had two
alarms previously (both Avital) -- one in my 98 Civic, another in my
2001 Ford. The one
in my Civic's great but the one in the Ford is *way* too sensitive.

So now I'm in the market for another alarm and am looking for
recommendations. Just from what I've read on this NG, a few people
have had problems with their Pythons which may or may not be related
to the remote engine starter piece of it. I'm in Southern California
so I really don't need that too much, but I'd like to make sure I'm
getting
a nice alarm that will provide years of trouble-free service.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which alarms they'd suggest?

Thanks for the advice!

Shane

Sean Scott

"Shane Perkins" wrote in message
I'm looking at getting a new car alarm for a 2005 Tundra that _did_not_
come with stock remote keyless entry. I've only had two alarms previously
(both Avital) -- one in my 98 Civic, another in my 2001 Ford. The one
in my Civic's great but the one in the Ford is *way* too sensitive.

So now I'm in the market for another alarm and am looking for
recommendations. Just from what I've read on this NG, a few people
have had problems with their Pythons which may or may not be related to
the remote engine starter piece of it. I'm in Southern California so I
really don't need that too much, but I'd like to make sure I'm getting
a nice alarm that will provide years of trouble-free service.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which alarms they'd suggest?

Thanks for the advice!

Shane

I'm not into car alarms too much but thought about getting one, Viper seems
to be a pretty good quality and decent priced brand.

Car Alarms Auscultans Car Audio 0 September 7th 04 03:02 AM
Where to buy clifford alarms? Thomas Schinzler Car Audio 1 February 14th 04 03:47 PM
car alarms - perimeter scanners Brandon Car Audio 6 November 27th 03 04:20 PM
Where to buy clifford alarms online? Travis Car Audio 0 October 19th 03 06:05 AM
car alarms? John Durbin Car Audio 7 August 20th 03 02:44 PM