Default Change Kenwood security code

Hi all,
This is sort of short notice on my part but I have just sold my car and
will be turning it over tomorrow. I put in an older Kenwood eXcelon
head unit into it that I've had laying around. I don't want to give the
security code out. I'd like to reset it to 1111 or something. I can't
seem to find any info on how to do this. The reason that I don't want
to give out the code is because it is the code I use everywhere. (Home
alarm, voicemail pw's etc...) Most of the searches that I've done are
in regards to changing a code when you don't know it.
Any help would be appreciated,
Dino

Shaun Matherly

Take it to a Kenwood dealer. Once you set it there's no way to access it
again. Remove the power from it and it will ask for your original code but I
don't think you can change it.

Shaun
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
This is sort of short notice on my part but I have just sold my car and
will be turning it over tomorrow. I put in an older Kenwood eXcelon
head unit into it that I've had laying around. I don't want to give the
security code out. I'd like to reset it to 1111 or something. I can't
seem to find any info on how to do this. The reason that I don't want
to give out the code is because it is the code I use everywhere. (Home
alarm, voicemail pw's etc...) Most of the searches that I've done are
in regards to changing a code when you don't know it.
Any help would be appreciated,
Dino

Thanks Shaun, that's what I feared. Oh well, I guess the buyer won't
get the code. This seems like such a major pain. I can't understand why
they couldn't make it so that you can change the code. They could put
the menu item in and ask you for your old code before allowing you to
change it. I completely understand putting in measures that won't allow
you to reset or change without the existing code.

Dino

Deke

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
This is sort of short notice on my part but I have just sold my car and
will be turning it over tomorrow. I put in an older Kenwood eXcelon
head unit into it that I've had laying around. I don't want to give the
security code out. I'd like to reset it to 1111 or something. I can't
seem to find any info on how to do this. The reason that I don't want
to give out the code is because it is the code I use everywhere. (Home
alarm, voicemail pw's etc...) Most of the searches that I've done are
in regards to changing a code when you don't know it.
Any help would be appreciated,
Dino

Pressing the reset button will also require you to enter the code.

And after going thru my instruction manual, once set, the code doesnt seem
to be resettable. Sorry.

You would walk away from a $12,000 car that you really want, which you
are getting for a great deal ($9500), because you don't have the code
for a 8 year old Kenwood head unit?

Dino

Scott,
No problem. If I weren't so impatient I would try to sell the car for
more. The buyer didn't care about the "stereo" that was in the vehicle.
This person is getting an amp, changer (eXcelon), Rockford Fosgate
separates, so I don't feel so bad about not giving the code.

Dino

Scott Gardner wrote:
On 5 Feb 2005 16:08:08 -0800, wrote:

You would walk away from a $12,000 car that you really want, which

you
are getting for a great deal ($9500), because you don't have the

code
for a 8 year old Kenwood head unit?

Dino

Sorry, my mistake. I missed from the original post that there was a
car involved. I thought you were selling the deck to someone.

Scott