Kevin M

Default What would you do?

Hi all, I just purchased an Alpine MRD-M501 Mono Amp and I have 2 JL Audio
10w6v2's to hook up to it. The amp is rated at 275x1 into a 4 ohm load at
14.4v, so I am assuming since I have 2 10's hooked up that each speaker
would only see about 140w or so, seems a little under powered to me. Or
would you just hook one speaker up and get 550w into a 2ohm load? What would
you do in this situation? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Scott Gardner

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 02:11:47 GMT, "Kevin M"
wrote:

Hi all, I just purchased an Alpine MRD-M501 Mono Amp and I have 2 JL Audio
10w6v2's to hook up to it. The amp is rated at 275x1 into a 4 ohm load at
14.4v, so I am assuming since I have 2 10's hooked up that each speaker
would only see about 140w or so, seems a little under powered to me. Or
would you just hook one speaker up and get 550w into a 2ohm load? What would
you do in this situation? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Even assuming the amp would a) be stable into a 2-ohm load, and b)
come close to doubling its power into a 2-ohm load, I would still go
with using both subs.

Scott

TM

If you can wire the subs into a single 2-Ohm load then do it. They
should be louder that way. If not, hook them up at a 4-Ohm load.

What r the 10's rated at (watts and r.m.s. wise?

Kevin M

wrote in message
oups.com...
What r the 10's rated at (watts and r.m.s. wise?

They are rated at 400 watts