insomniacmasochist insomniacmasochist is offline
Junior Member

Default subs quit past certain level

what would cause my subs to just quit when i turn my radio past a certain level?.... Is it just too much for them, or a wire problem?
Scott Gardner

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:05:14 +0000, insomniacmasochist
wrote:

what would cause my subs to just quit when i turn my radio past a
certain level?.... Is it just too much for them, or a wire problem?

Can't say for certain, but it sounds like the amplifier driving the
subs is going into thermal/current protection. What do you have to do
to make the subs start playing again?

Scott
insomniacmasochist insomniacmasochist is offline
Junior Member

i dont mean that i turnt he stereo up full blast, not even a 3 rd of the way up and it cuts out. any ideas on the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniacmasochist
what would cause my subs to just quit when i turn my radio past a certain level?.... Is it just too much for them, or a wire problem?
SF

I guess the next questions would be:

what brand subs and amp?

--
WDW is a Way of Life
"insomniacmasochist" wrote

insomniacmasochist Wrote:
what would cause my subs to just quit when i turn my radio past a
certain level?.... Is it just too much for them, or a wire problem?

--
insomniacmasochist

Kevin McMurtrie

insomniacmasochist
wrote:

what would cause my subs to just quit when i turn my radio past a
certain level?.... Is it just too much for them, or a wire problem?

It could be bad wiring leading to undervoltage shutdown, low speaker
impedance causing overload, or a wire rubbing against the car chassis.
You'll have to do some more investigation.

insomniacmasochist insomniacmasochist is offline
Junior Member

The subs are 12" sony explods and the amp is an mtx but im not sure what the wattage is on the amp. the subs are 900watt i believe. I notice yesterday that the place i had my old system installed at had it grounded to the bottom of the trunk, and the screw was a little loose. When i pulled up on the wire the subs would hit pretty hard then quit. The reply to the person who asked how i got them to kick again, i just turned the radio back down a little and the would kick again.
mtx_is_the_best

You don't want a loose ground regardless if that's the problem, fix your
ground.

--
mtx_is_the_best
mtx_is_the_best's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=20704