normanstrong

Default Should Iran open its nuclear facilities?

Absolutely. Since Israel has opened its facilities for UN inspection,
so should Iran.

Norm Strong

Trevor Wilson

"normanstrong" wrote in message
Absolutely. Since Israel has opened its facilities for UN inspection,
so should Iran.

**LOL!

Nice one Norm.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Pooh Bear

normanstrong wrote:

Absolutely. Since Israel has opened its facilities for UN inspection,
so should Iran.

I understand you are correct about Israel.

I also hear that the visits are scheduled in advance so they can hide
stuff with plenty of time to spare !

Graham

Pooh Bear

Thelasian wrote:

"normanstrong" wrote in message news:zQcjd.473279$mD.275377@attbi_s02...
Absolutely. Since Israel has opened its facilities for UN inspection,
so should Iran.

Norm Strong

Ummm...hate to break the news to you, but Iran has already opened its
facilities to UN inspectors and has signed the Non-Proliferation
Treaty and has implemented the Additional Protocol (unlike ISrael)

And there's STILL no evidence of any illegal nuclear weapons program
in Iran.

You may well be right.

Simply posting acres of other sources doesn't make for a good case though. Aren't you capable of
extracting the points at issue yourself ?

Loads of copied and pasted text doesn't make your argument any more persuasive and is a guaranteed
turn-off to most readers. By all means post links - but don't just plagiarise.

Graham

Thelasian

Pooh Bear wrote in message ...
Thelasian wrote:

[...]

FYI from today's Washington Post:

Under the Non-Proliferation Treaty, Iran retains the right to produce
nuclear energy. The Bush administration insists, however, that Iran,
as the world's fourth-largest oil producer and second-largest gas
producer, does not need nuclear energy, even though the United States
approved about 20 nuclear energy plants for Iran before the 1979
revolution.

But Iranians counter that they need nuclear energy, specifically seven
1,000-megawatt plants, to accommodate domestic demand that already
absorbs 1.8 million of the 4 million barrels of oil that Iran produces
daily. Iran's population of 69 million is expected to increase to 90
million in 16 years, the government says.

As a result, Iran could be forced to use all its oil just to meet
domestic demands within 20 years. That would be devastating for an
economy dependent on oil exports for most of its revenue, said Ali
Salehi, Iran's former representative to the International Atomic
Energy Agency.

"This is the worst way of using our oil, especially since we won't
have oil forever," Salehi said. "If we did that, we'd be like the
United States, which is the third-largest producer of oil in the world
but also the first importer of oil."

Although the cost of a nuclear reactor is much higher than a plant for
fossil fuels, Iranian experts say the savings that would come from
being able to export more of its oil as a result would pay for a
nuclear facility in two to three years.

SOURCE: Desire for Nuclear Empowerment a Uniting Factor in Iran
Issue Seen as Matter Of Independence, Reaction to U.S.
By Robin Wright
Washington Post Staff Sunday, November 14, 2004; Page A25

Animix

I don't doubt that Iran would like to have nuclear energy, but if you think
for one minute that they won't take it few steps further and develop weapons
grade plutoniun, you're nuts.............so even the pretense that they are
telling the truth is suspect. I continue to laugh at your naivete'

Live with it.

"Thelasian" wrote in message
m...
Pooh Bear wrote in message

Thelasian wrote:

[...]

"Animix" wrote in
:

I don't doubt that Iran would like to have nuclear energy, but if you
think for one minute that they won't take it few steps further and
develop weapons grade plutoniun, you're nuts.............so even the
pretense that they are telling the truth is suspect. I continue to laugh
at your naivete'

If they do create nuclear weapons and then use them, that would be a good
thing as the retaliation for such an act would likely turn their entire
county in a sea of glass which happens to be a proper and fitting
punishment for doing something so stupid.

Zakhann

"normanstrong" wrote in message news:zQcjd.473279$mD.275377@attbi_s02...
Absolutely. Since Israel has opened its facilities for UN inspection,
so should Iran.

Norm Strong

They should when America opens up its facility for UN inspection.
Also, Israel has nuclear weapon and they are not about to eliminate
them.
Nmm

Pooh Bear wrote in message ...
normanstrong wrote:

Absolutely. Since Israel has opened its facilities for UN inspection,
so should Iran.

I understand you are correct about Israel.

I also hear that the visits are scheduled in advance so they can hide
stuff with plenty of time to spare !

Graham

WRONG.

Israel doesn't admit that they have Nuclear weapons yet. Though they
don't deny it either. Israel also just threw the scientist that
leaked info about their nuclear program in jail again.