Posted to rec.audio.pro
the aborigine the aborigine is offline

Default the aborigine reaches out

this forum is so dense it's kinda overwhelming

I am a multi-instrumentalist, came up as a horn player.
I have a VS-880 and Sonar 9, lots of axes and a nice collection of
mics.
I'm looking for a mentor/coach.
I thought I could do it all myself; write, record, produce.
But I get bogged down in post-production.

I don't check this forum too much, if you'd like to help please email

ty
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

the aborigine wrote:
this forum is so dense it's kinda overwhelming

It helps if you don't use Google and use a newsreader that allows you to
select by threads and kill the threads you don't want.

I am a multi-instrumentalist, came up as a horn player.
I have a VS-880 and Sonar 9, lots of axes and a nice collection of
mics.
I'm looking for a mentor/coach.
I thought I could do it all myself; write, record, produce.
But I get bogged down in post-production.

You may not want a coach, you may want someone you can just turn the
tracks over to and have them mix them for you.

As best as I can figure, you're in New Hampshire. A friend of mine does
concert work in Merrimack and could probably be hired to come over and do
basic mixes of your material. There are probably other local studios that
would be willing to do something similar. It might be worth it if only to
have someone say how complete your arrangements are when they try and put
your tracks together.