justin pizzoferrato

Default making protools HD mac files work on a PC

i did a 2" transfer on a mac recently. unbenounced (sp?) to me, it was going to
a PC, which doesnt read SDII files. i have to bring the files back to the mac
and make them work on a PC. do i just reopen the files, and go to File save
session copy in click on "enforce mac to PC compatibility, and resave? is
there anything else i need to know? i have the session tonight. i think ill be
all set but i wanted to double check.
thanks.
-justin
no spam

I wish you had done a search of this news group, since I had the same
dilemma a week and a half ago. The files need to be saved as Broadcast
waves first. Then the session is saved with the PC enforce. I made the
same mistake and showed up with unreadable files and had to do them
all over.

On 13 Jul 2003 21:13:33 GMT, (justin
pizzoferrato) wrote:

i did a 2" transfer on a mac recently. unbenounced (sp?) to me, it was going to
a PC, which doesnt read SDII files. i have to bring the files back to the mac
and make them work on a PC. do i just reopen the files, and go to File save
session copy in click on "enforce mac to PC compatibility, and resave? is
there anything else i need to know? i have the session tonight. i think ill be
all set but i wanted to double check.
thanks.
-justin

Paul Gitlitz
Glitchless Productions
www.glitchless.net
Lorin David Schultz

"paul (no spam)" wrote

[...] The files need to be saved as Broadcast
waves first. Then the session is saved with the PC enforce.

No, not "first." At the same time.

To "translate" it all you "save a session copy..." That process allows
you to enforce compatibility AND specify file type, sample rate, word
length, hair color, bust size, etc.

Lorin

ProTools or Cool Edit ? ? ? IS Pro Audio 34 December 27th 04 06:05 PM
Corrupted wav files? plk General 0 April 19th 04 02:11 AM
Richman's ethical lapses Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 9 December 12th 03 08:16 AM
Extracting audio metadata Gaz General 2 October 27th 03 03:28 PM
HARMAN KARDON DAL 150 and .WMA files... Faustino Dina Audio Opinions 4 September 23rd 03 07:49 PM