Bill McCullough

Default Jupiter Audio products

Are these things really as overpriced and under-engineered as everyone
says they are? I see that they sell on Audiogon for around $450 a
pair, is the $1600 MSRP a scam?
trotsky

Bill McCullough wrote:
Are these things really as overpriced and under-engineered as everyone
says they are? I see that they sell on Audiogon for around $450 a
pair, is the $1600 MSRP a scam?

Well, I was over at a guy's house today comparing them to his $16,000
Dunlavy SC-Vs. I liked the sound of the Europas better, and it wasn't
even as close as I thought it would be.

Michael Mckelvy

"trotsky" wrote in message

Bill McCullough wrote:
Are these things really as overpriced and under-engineered as everyone
says they are? I see that they sell on Audiogon for around $450 a
pair, is the $1600 MSRP a scam?

Well, I was over at a guy's house today comparing them to his $16,000
Dunlavy SC-Vs. I liked the sound of the Europas better, and it wasn't
even as close as I thought it would be.

Nice unbiased reporting?

Robert Morein

"Michael Mckelvy" wrote in message

"trotsky" wrote in message

Bill McCullough wrote:
Are these things really as overpriced and under-engineered as everyone
says they are? I see that they sell on Audiogon for around $450 a
pair, is the $1600 MSRP a scam?

Well, I was over at a guy's house today comparing them to his $16,000
Dunlavy SC-Vs. I liked the sound of the Europas better, and it wasn't
even as close as I thought it would be.

Nice unbiased reporting?

Remember, he was programmed at manufacture to be a sales droid. A droid's
brain has limited versatility.

If we were a little luckier, Princess Leila would pop out of his chest and
tell him to **** off.

Robert Morein

"Bill McCullough" wrote in message
om...
Are these things really as overpriced and under-engineered as everyone
says they are? I see that they sell on Audiogon for around $450 a
pair, is the $1600 MSRP a scam?

I have heard rumors that they present an ignition hazard. Something
flammable inside the speaker.

Supposedly, they are a remarkable feat of engineering. The inventor, with no
prior experience, designed them on a Hooters napkin on a rainy afternoon. He
then verified with his own ears that they are the best speakers ever made.

When he gave the design to his builder, the pattern on the napkin was
incorporated. This accounts for the strange bulge at the back.

trotsky

Robert Morein wrote:
"Bill McCullough" wrote in message
om...

Are these things really as overpriced and under-engineered as everyone
says they are? I see that they sell on Audiogon for around $450 a
pair, is the $1600 MSRP a scam?

I have heard rumors that they present an ignition hazard. Something
flammable inside the speaker.

Supposedly, they are a remarkable feat of engineering. The inventor, with no
prior experience, designed them on a Hooters napkin on a rainy afternoon. He
then verified with his own ears that they are the best speakers ever made.

When he gave the design to his builder, the pattern on the napkin was
incorporated. This accounts for the strange bulge at the back.

How's your pancreas doin', Bob?