Bob

Default Simple WAV player

I need a simple WAV player to use in a batch file, something that will
take the command parameter and play it without loading a GUI.

For example:

playwav wavefile.wav

This program "playwav.3exe" would just play the WAV file
"wavefile.wav" without loading anything extra.

Sndrec32 that comes with Windows does not take command line parameters
and it loads a GUI, therefore it is not what I am looking for.

If there is a module I can call from a C program, I can use that.

--

Map of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/vrwc.html

"The possession of arms is the distinction
between a free man and a slave."
-- Andrew Fletcher, Discourse on Government (1695)
Ron Hardin

Bob wrote:

I need a simple WAV player to use in a batch file, something that will
take the command parameter and play it without loading a GUI.

For example:

playwav wavefile.wav

This program "playwav.3exe" would just play the WAV file
"wavefile.wav" without loading anything extra.

Sndrec32 that comes with Windows does not take command line parameters
and it loads a GUI, therefore it is not what I am looking for.

If there is a module I can call from a C program, I can use that.

mplayer.exe /play /close $FILENAME

--
Ron Hardin

Bob

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:19:57 GMT, Ron Hardin
wrote:

mplayer.exe /play /close $FILENAME

I think you mean "mplay32.exe". Or maybe "wmplayer.exe"

Unfortunately "mplay32" loads the GUI - but only temporarily.
"wmplayer" loads the GUI but does not unload it.

It looks like "mplay32" will have to do until I find something better.

Thanks for the assistance.

--

Map of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/vrwc.html

"The possession of arms is the distinction
between a free man and a slave."
-- Andrew Fletcher, Discourse on Government (1695)
Ron Hardin

wrote:

mplayer.exe /play /close $FILENAME

I think you mean "mplay32.exe". Or maybe "wmplayer.exe"

Unfortunately "mplay32" loads the GUI - but only temporarily.
"wmplayer" loads the GUI but does not unload it.

It looks like "mplay32" will have to do until I find something better.

Thanks for the assistance.

it's mplayer on my (win95) system

[C:/WINDOWS] ls -l mplayer.exe
-rwxrwxrwa 1 0 0 147968 Jul 11 1995 mplayer.exe
[C:/WINDOWS]

--
Ron Hardin

Richard Crowley

I got 6050 hits from Google when I searched on:

command-line wav-player

Seems quite probable that a solution can be found on the
first page of hits. Perhaps even the very first one!

Bob

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:18:59 GMT, Ron Hardin
wrote:

I think you mean "mplay32.exe". Or maybe "wmplayer.exe"

it's mplayer on my (win95) system

Just like Microsoft to change the name all the time.

I have Win98 somewhere around here - I suppose I could extract mplayer
if you think it would work better than mplay32. The only thing about
mplay32 is that it spawns the GUI temporarily. No big deal, it goes
away fast enough, but if I could find one that suppressed the GUI it
would be better.

--

Map of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/vrwc.html

"The possession of arms is the distinction
between a free man and a slave."
-- Andrew Fletcher, Discourse on Government (1695)
Bob

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:15:04 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

I got 6050 hits from Google when I searched on:

command-line wav-player

Seems quite probable that a solution can be found on the
first page of hits. Perhaps even the very first one!

I used a similar keyphrase and also got a kazillion hits. I went thru
a couple pages of them but they all were far too fully-featured for my
needs. There was one that claimed to be barebones, but alas it was for
UNIX.

I always check Google before inquiring in a Usenet forum - it's simply
faster and I get to see a much wider range of options than afforded in
Usenet replies. But in this case I could not find anything that suited
my needs, so I wrote a couple forums and the very first post had the
solution I sought.

--

Map of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/vrwc.html

"The possession of arms is the distinction
between a free man and a slave."
-- Andrew Fletcher, Discourse on Government (1695)
James Lehman

Is Linux out of the question?
It does just exactly what you want! (sort of...)

http://www.akrobiz.com/laserboy/

~James. )