vabalas

Default 2 sources 1 amp

I am trying to hook up 2 units - my head unit (Premier DEH 840MP) and
digital sound processor (Panasonic CY-AC300) to my amplifiers (Alpine
MRD-500 mono and Alphine F-340). The preouts from the Premier unit
are 4v 1 KOhm, preouts from DSP are 2v 600 Ohm.
At first, I tried using a simple Y-splitter - of course, that didn't
work. When both units were plugged in, the signal would drop almost
70-80%.
I have purchased 2 RCA source switchers from PIE - MPSS-4 and MPSS-2
(for the sub). The problem I am now having is this - when both of
them are hooked up together, there is tremendous noise introduced to
the signal. As soon as one of them is unplugged, the noise is gone.
It does not make a difference if the other unit is on or not - as soon
as the physical connection is made (at least one channel), the noise
appears. The only reason I can think of this is happening - the
Premier unit has 4v preouts and the Panasonic unit has 2v. Is there
anything that can be done to correct this? Is voltage really an issue
here?
Should I try different source switchers? Or do I have to spend some
big money on a fancy EQ or A/V switcher? If so, any recommendations?
I hope I can make this work... any help is greatly appreciated.

vs
Brandon Buckner

Why don't you just use the Panasonic like its meant to be used and plug
the preouts from the 840MP into the Input jacks on the AC300? I'm unable
to pull up this owners manual on the 840MP right now, but I seem to
recall being able to set one set of outputs as full range pretty much
just to go to an external DSP such as this. Then just use the Panasonic
like its meant to put outputs to your amps. I know it seems kinda like a
waste of the functionality of the HU, but thats pretty much what happens
with an external processor.

Brandonb

vabalas wrote:

[...]

vabalas

I can't believe I didn't think of this before. Yes, 840MP does have a
full range SW output - I just hooked it up to the DSP and it works
fine. I was making this a lot more complicated that it needed to
be... Thanks so much!

vs