Robert Morein

Default CNN COVERS HIGH END AUDIO

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...ifi/index.html

That's terrific!
I hear they're coming out with a set of ten ton headphones for Paul Packer.

George M. Middius

Robert Morein said:

I hear they're coming out with a set of ten ton headphones for Paul Packer.

Wow, that's a lot of bass! Somebody alert Nousiane.

paul packer

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:56:39 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...ifi/index.html

That's terrific!
I hear they're coming out with a set of ten ton headphones for Paul Packer.

I've already started building a reinforced steel structure to support
them. Can't wait. :-)
carlos

they covered "high end" audio rather stupidly

anyone who knows the very high end, knows that the finest audio systems in
the world utilize tubes (valves)

DUH!

(and that ain't Krell, etc)

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...ifi/index.html

paul packer

On 15 Nov 2005 10:34:44 -0800, wrote:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...ifi/index.html

"Among the best amplifiers, according to Franassovici, are Krell, a
Connecticut-based manufacturer whose Evolution component series would
require an outlay of almost US$ 150,000 -- a price he says most hi-fi
enthusiasts would be happy to pay."

What's missing from this sentence? Other than common sense, that is.

George M. Middius

paul packer said:

"Among the best amplifiers, according to Franassovici, are Krell, a
Connecticut-based manufacturer whose Evolution component series would
require an outlay of almost US$ 150,000 -- a price he says most hi-fi
enthusiasts would be happy to pay."

What's missing from this sentence? Other than common sense, that is.

There's nothing about 'borgs eating their hearts out.

George M. Middius wrote:
paul packer said:

"Among the best amplifiers, according to Franassovici, are Krell, a
Connecticut-based manufacturer whose Evolution component series would
require an outlay of almost US$ 150,000 -- a price he says most hi-fi
enthusiasts would be happy to pay."

What's missing from this sentence? Other than common sense, that is.

There's nothing about 'borgs eating their hearts out.

No, the words "well-heeled" between "most" and "hi-fi".

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com
George M. Middius wrote:
paul packer said:

"Among the best amplifiers, according to Franassovici,
are Krell, a Connecticut-based manufacturer whose
Evolution component series would require an outlay of
almost US$ 150,000 -- a price he says most hi-fi
enthusiasts would be happy to pay."

What's missing from this sentence? Other than common
sense, that is.

There's nothing about 'borgs eating their hearts out.

No, the words "well-heeled" between "most" and "hi-fi".

I fearlessly predict that on the same day that Packer or
Middius could pay $150,000 for Krell audio gear, there will
be huge piles of snow in downtown San Diego.

George Middius

Turdborg tries desperately to score a debating trade" point.

I fearlessly predict that on the same day that Packer or
Middius could pay $150,000 for Krell audio gear, there will
be huge piles of snow in downtown San Diego.

Speaking for myself, you're absolutely right. If I had money to burn, I'd never
spend that much on an amplifier. I'd spend $10K at most and donate the rest to
charity.

Now I'll predict something: If Arnii Kroofeces suddenly became a millionaire,
his pedophilia victims' families would line up to sue him.

..
..
..

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

paul packer said:

"Among the best amplifiers, according to Franassovici, are Krell, a
Connecticut-based manufacturer whose Evolution component series would
require an outlay of almost US$ 150,000 -- a price he says most hi-fi
enthusiasts would be happy to pay."

What's missing from this sentence? Other than common sense, that is.

There's nothing about 'borgs eating their hearts out.

Lessee, $150K for perfect audio playback electronics vs. $2K for perfect
audio playback electronics. What's to eat your heart out over?

If you think any of the so-called Borgs are envious of people who spend the
money it takes to own Krell gear when we can buy audio equipment that sounds
identical for $148K less, you are an idiot.

Oh wait, that's redundant.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"George Middius" wrote in message

Turdborg tries desperately to score a debating trade" point.

I fearlessly predict that on the same day that Packer or
Middius could pay $150,000 for Krell audio gear, there will
be huge piles of snow in downtown San Diego.

Speaking for myself, you're absolutely right. If I had money to burn, I'd
never
spend that much on an amplifier. I'd spend $10K at most and donate the
rest to
charity.

Now I'll predict something: If Arnii Kroofeces suddenly became a
millionaire,
his pedophilia victims' families would line up to sue him.

What did you have to pay to keep your victims quiet?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com
George M. Middius wrote:
paul packer said:

"Among the best amplifiers, according to Franassovici,
are Krell, a Connecticut-based manufacturer whose
Evolution component series would require an outlay of
almost US$ 150,000 -- a price he says most hi-fi
enthusiasts would be happy to pay."

What's missing from this sentence? Other than common
sense, that is.

There's nothing about 'borgs eating their hearts out.

No, the words "well-heeled" between "most" and "hi-fi".

I fearlessly predict that on the same day that Packer or Middius could pay
$150,000 for Krell audio gear, there will be huge piles of snow in
downtown San Diego.

I just got back from SD last night.
Alas, no snow this visit, but, on one
previous visit I did see big piles of snow in downtown San Diego.
It is absolutely true!
Ask Scott, maybe he can explain.
I would, but I despise you too much.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

news

wrote in message ...

paul packer said:

"Among the best amplifiers, according to Franassovici, are Krell, a
Connecticut-based manufacturer whose Evolution component series would
require an outlay of almost US$ 150,000 -- a price he says most hi-fi
enthusiasts would be happy to pay."

What's missing from this sentence? Other than common sense, that is.

There's nothing about 'borgs eating their hearts out.

Lessee, $150K for perfect audio playback electronics vs. $2K for perfect
audio playback electronics. What's to eat your heart out over?

Wait a minute!!!!
What about that $79.99 mass market special?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

Ask Scott, maybe he can explain.
I would, but I despise you too much.

I guess that makes you a turdist.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Margaret von B.

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Ask...[anyone]...maybe he can explain.
I would, but I despise you too much.

Hi Clyde,

I think that was Arnii's father's favorit line. Now follow up with a punch
or a kick and it'll be deja vu all over again for Arnii.... :-)

Cheers,

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

Clyde Slick said:

Ask Scott, maybe he can explain.
I would, but I despise you too much.

I guess that makes you a turdist.

no, and I just checked my pockets.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Margaret von B." wrote in message

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Ask...[anyone]...maybe he can explain.
I would, but I despise you too much.

Hi Clyde,

I think that was Arnii's father's favorit line. Now follow up with a punch
or a kick and it'll be deja vu all over again for Arnii.... :-)

Cheers,

Margaret

C'mon Arny boy, Come to Poppa.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

paul packer wrote:
On 15 Nov 2005 10:34:44 -0800, wrote:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...ifi/index.html

"Among the best amplifiers, according to Franassovici, are Krell, a
Connecticut-based manufacturer whose Evolution component series would
require an outlay of almost US$ 150,000 -- a price he says most hi-fi
enthusiasts would be happy to pay."

What's missing from this sentence? Other than common sense, that is.

The true piquancy lies in D'Agostino, Krell's designer saying in a
"Stereophile" interview last year that he's still striving to equal
analogue? 500.000 $ anyone? I have a spare Dynaco 70 in the loft,
Ludovic Mirabel