Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Cubase 5 multiband compressor has Strange artifacts on Vocal Track...

I just noticed when I soloed my vocal track, that there
was some very bad sounding artifacts, almost like a robot-ized
version of the vocals, superimposed on the normal track. It
sounded like what I would imagine if the anti-aliasing
filters were not working. It was faint enough for me not to
notice it with the full band going, but it's quite apparent when the
track is soloed.

It disappeared when I disabled the multiband compression within
Cubase 5.

Is it possible this artifact will only be present when the
CPU is crunching real-time? Or will it still be there
when I do an audio mix-down?

It really sounds like crap.....anyone else experience this?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

On 3/24/2014 9:04 PM, Paul wrote:
I just noticed when I soloed my vocal track, that there
was some very bad sounding artifacts, almost like a robot-ized
version of the vocals, superimposed on the normal track. It
sounded like what I would imagine if the anti-aliasing
filters were not working. It was faint enough for me not to
notice it with the full band going, but it's quite apparent when the
track is soloed.

It disappeared when I disabled the multiband compression within
Cubase 5.

Is it possible this artifact will only be present when the
CPU is crunching real-time? Or will it still be there
when I do an audio mix-down?

It really sounds like crap.....anyone else experience this?

Opps! I had my Tascam US-1641 on normal latency.

Setting it to highest latency made the problem go away.

This is why I wanna upgrade to quad-core and 8 gigs....