Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Digital artifacts with Cubase 5 Multi-band Compression even withHighest Latency

I noticed these artifacts with a saxophone I just recorded.

You don't really notice them in the mix, but they are obvious when you
solo the track.

I had previously gotten rid of these artifacts by switching to the
highest latency with my Tascam US-1641, but now they are still there.

I suppose I may just have too many tracks processing at once.

Perhaps going to at least a quad-core, with 16 gigs of RAM would be
the only real solution...