Prit

Default Audio tape to CD conversion

Hi
Although this may sound like a very basic question, but if someone can
guide me in the right direction it would be great.
I have a number of Audio tapes, which I would like to convert them
into CDs.
When I did a search on the web, I came up with a lot many.. and really
could not tell the difference one from the other(sorry am a total
newbie here).
Since i am sure someone in this group would have used this software at
somepoint of time they could guide me to the best possible alternative
thanks in advance
prit
Arny Krueger

Prit wrote:
Although this may sound like a very basic question, but if someone can
guide me in the right direction it would be great.
I have a number of Audio tapes, which I would like to convert them
into CDs.
When I did a search on the web, I came up with a lot many.. and really
could not tell the difference one from the other(sorry am a total
newbie here).
Since i am sure someone in this group would have used this software at
somepoint of time they could guide me to the best possible alternative
thanks in advance

The basics a

(1) Hook line output of cassette deck to line input of a computer's audio
interface.

(2) Record tape with digital editor, edit and process to suit, creating a
number of audio files on your hard dive.

(3) Burn audio CD from these audio files using appropriate software.

and your questions are...?

chuck

Prit wrote:

Hi
Although this may sound like a very basic question, but if someone can
guide me in the right direction it would be great.
I have a number of Audio tapes, which I would like to convert them
into CDs.
When I did a search on the web, I came up with a lot many.. and really
could not tell the difference one from the other(sorry am a total
newbie here).
Since i am sure someone in this group would have used this software at
somepoint of time they could guide me to the best possible alternative
thanks in advance
prit

Look he

http://www.cyberwalker.net/columns/feb02/150202.html

For software, you can record from casette to PC using any of
a number of programs, including Nero Wave Editor (comes free
with some CD burners) or AudioGrabber (comes free with some
sound cards), or MusicMatch Jukebox (also comes free with
some sound cards). You can burn to CD using Nero Burning ROM.

Richard Crowley

"Prit" wrote ...
Although this may sound like a very basic question, but if someone can
guide me in the right direction it would be great.
I have a number of Audio tapes, which I would like to convert them
into CDs.
When I did a search on the web, I came up with a lot many.. and really
could not tell the difference one from the other(sorry am a total
newbie here).
Since i am sure someone in this group would have used this software at
somepoint of time they could guide me to the best possible alternative
thanks in advance

OK, what is the question(s)?

Prit

Many thanks to everyone who has replied..
I am sorry not to have put out my questions in a straighforward
manner. But my questions for have been answered. I was looking for
some leads in Good Software among the zillions out there and the basic
process in converting the audio tapes to other formats.
Mark, Chuck and John.. and the others many thanks once again
Now that I have the info I better get some stuff done...
Cheers
Prit